Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. First it was leaded solder, now itís coffee

Quote Originally Posted by luckybob View Post
    From the advances in medicine I've seen in my (relatively) short time on this rock, we are close to having replacement internals. They take your dna, stick it in a pig, wait a few months. BAM! New organs and bacon! Even in mechanical replacements, they are working hard. I read not to long ago about some trials on replacement kidneys. Yea, it might suck if things go the route of Repo! or Repo Men.

Replacment inplys that somepeople had one to replace! In some cases ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. DEC PDP-11/03 switch paddle, LED receptacle and console board

I have an MDB Systems workalike LSI-11 backplane which I am starting to get working. I thought it would be nice to build the DBCOK logic and console switches to have the same look and feel as the original PDP-11/03 console so I scripted up the specific DEC switch paddle and LED receptacle as part of the project (which is ongoing) so they can be 3D printed and use a tiny Arduino to do the powerup sequence.

If you have a PDP-11/03 or a PDP-11/05 with missing or broken switch paddles then ...
  3. The sleeper three-button Logitech mouse

Now normally I spend a lot of time slagging ANYONE who dares use a keyboard with anything but their original machine and frankly the same should apply to mice as well, right?
    Well yes there are a large number of notable examples of mice that really only worked with specific machines both electronically and asthetically. One example I can come up with is the Hawley mouse. It is absolutely revolting on terms of ergonomics but it just seems like the kind of thing the "hip" tech crowd ...
  4. A strange hidden feature of the IBM MDA card...

How you got this to work ?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. WiFi232's Evil Clone

I'll admit it. The idea of the Wifi232 is brilliant and everyone ate it up while someone made a small fortune.

The problem however is that it contains one of the worst things you can find in a hobbyist community: Greed.
    As awesome as it is, Paul Rickards seems to of gone out of his way to make sure that while you can buy units from him pre-assembled ($50USD + $15 international shipping) or in simple kit form ($33USD + $15 international shipping), you cannot go out and just ...

Updated March 21st, 2018 at 08:06 PM by NeXT

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 102 123451151101 ... LastLast