Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. unidentyfied Board

I 've got an ISA 8 bit board wich seems to be an EGA Graphic Adapter but I'm not shure.
    On to the Board is printed " W26361-D518-Z4-01-5 BAMAO S26361-D518 GS2. "
    I was looking on Stason.ORG but no identyfication.
    I am almost shure there will be no reply, but hope dies last. Maybe somebody can IdentyfyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0002.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	36328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0003.jpg 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	36329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0004.jpg 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	36330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0005.jpg 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	36331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FILE0007.jpg 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	36332
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Video Game PickUps #11 - It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 112

Let's take a look at a few video games that I forgot to mention on my last pickups video! These are titles that I managed to grab during last December, and there's stuff for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, original Xbox and Wii!

Video Game PickUps #11 - It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 112
  3. Optimizing Double Buffer: C vs Asm

There's no contest, right? C versus Assembler and you know the latter is going to crush the former. The question really becomes why and what you can do about it. But first I wanted to see just how fast I could make a double buffer for CGA.

As with previous entries, I'm using Microsoft C 5.10 as my baseline compiler. Your own compiler may get better or worse results but I've found this to be a good average as far as tools of the real mode era go (e.g. late 1980's). I created some helper ...

Updated February 16th, 2017 at 01:21 PM by neilobremski

Tags: cga, x86 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Asm
  4. Calling REP MOVSW in C

What I'm about to show you will only work in 16-bit real-mode x86 compilers. The only built-in CRT functions you have for copying data from one place to another are things like memcpy(). And the problem with this function is it doesn't work on far pointers 1. Even if you have one that does, it works on bytes and not words, so it will be slower on 8086-based CPU's that have a 16-bit bus.

At any rate, the best way to copy data into a video buffer is through REP MOVSW but this requires ...

Updated February 16th, 2017 at 09:27 AM by neilobremski (Modified code to support Turbo C 2 and Power C)

Tags: dos, x86 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. x86 Assembly Local Variables

The SS register stores the Stack Segment and the logical stack itself grows down. When you PUSH a register, its value is added at SS:SP and SP is decremented by 2. 1 A procedure's local variables, then, are allocated below SP by the amount of bytes required to store them.

Let's start by looking at a simple C function that merely declares some local variables, manipulates them, and then returns ...

Code:
    void locals(void)
    {
    	char x, y, z;
    	short a, b,
    Tags: asm, x86 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Asm
Page 1 of 90 123451151 ... LastLast