Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Stuck in the 80's: Mastervoice's Butler in a Box

Continuing along with the Dicon 9000 we last discussed I would like to now introduce you to home automation for the 80's masses.

Indeed, the Butler was pretty advanced for its time and (with this article in particular) it got even better. The later but identical looking "Series II" added enhanced support as well as added serial, parallel and modem ports, plus additional external expansions ...

Updated May 20th, 2015 at 09:17 AM by NeXT

Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. IBM Model M Mechanical Keyboard - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#50

I've managed to grab a 1989 IBM Model M mechanical keyboard in pretty good shape! Let's clean it up and get it ready to rock n roll!

IBM Model M Mechanical Keyboard - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#50
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. test print

so for the hell of it i did crapy 3d test print on the hackerpsace cheapy 3d printer of vince slyngstad 3d model of the 8i switch
    sept his model is scaled wrong so took some wild guesing to find the right size first was 10% bigger aaa to somall did a 100x biger wow insane on the screen so did some guesing on the imperial metric thing and came up with 25.4 sept still slightly smaller guesing 25.5x bigger will nail it

anyway hes it is in it unholy mess

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. TOPO Soft and ERBE Software in the Golden Age of Spanish Video Games - Pixel THING

Spanish publisher ERBE Software fought, in late 80s, a huge battle against piracy drastically reducing the prices of original games. At a certain point, in 1985, created their own branch for software development to separate it from the main publishing business. So, TOPO Soft was born.
    Let's take a look at how this all happened!

TOPO Soft and ERBE Software in the Golden Age of Spanish Video Games - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#49
    Tags: 1'", 1 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. little sunday desoldering

so spent most of my sunday sofar striping the switch bits off this broken switch panel from the crushed 8i.

theres more stuff then this like a storage bin of broken cards a box of card the core memory taken apart ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized