Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. iMac G3 Lime

Well I got a G3 with matching keyboard and puck mouse. This post is really just to test it as I'm using it to make the post. It's honestly really nice.
    Tags: apple, imac Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My first computer lives!

So while digging through some old components I managed to stumble upon my first computer tower. It's an HP Pavilion 6330 originally sporting a 300Mhz AMD K6-2 with 48mb of RAM and a 4Mb onboard video card. Sadly pretty much every original component to it died years ago due to my own technological ignorance at the time. Luckily the day before I found the tower I found a PERFECT replacment board to go in it. The board is a HP OEM board rocking a 333Mhz Pentium II and at the moment 32Mb of RAM and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wife thinks I am mad

So the PSU of the MZ-80K has been reunited with the computer and it works. Monitor is clear and bright with no screen burn. The rest of the computer on the other hand is filthy. The keyboard keys are sticking and some of the graphic keys have labels under the plastic covers, obviously to represent a numeric keypad for some program.

Keyboard has now been stripped, this required desoldering of every keyswitch, but after that they pop out of the frame as easy as anything and the keytops ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Further adventures of Multibus

Finally got my 286/10 processor running in my multibus rack.

I wire wrapped a iLBX bus between the CPU and memory cards but it wasn't starting on power up. In the end it wasn't getting a clean reset so I have now wired up a toggle switch to the Multibus master reset line and now it starts with a memory check (i think, it gives a row of 0 0 0) then the intel monitor program welcome message).

Next issue is software. Not sure if I will program it myself with a simple OS, ...
    Tags: multibus Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Thats Sharp

Bought an MZ80K for a very reasonable price 6 months ago and have just been able to pick it up owing to the distance and the lock down.

Love the design details, like the support for the case lid and the little screw to lock the support into place
    And the internal monitor controls all nicely labelled.

Unplugged the PSU from the board and powered up, nothing. Strangely there is no fuse on the rear of the computer, but there are five inside the PSU case and the mains ...

Updated August 10th, 2020 at 06:07 AM by Gary C

Tags: mz-80k Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast