Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 500 Subs Special & Future of the Channel - It's a Pixel THING

Thanks for subscribing to my channel!
    Here's my 500 subs celebration video:

500 Subs Special & Future of the Channel - It's a Pixel THING
  2. Targa [2014/1995, Super Nintendo] Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#43

Targa, aka Rendering Ranger: R2, is simply one of the greatest hidden gems on video gaming history and one of the best Super Nintendo titles I've ever played! It's a mix of side-scrolling runínígun action and shmup highly inspired by Turrican and R-Type:

Targa [2014/1995, Super Nintendo] Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#43
  3. Rally Trophy [2001, PC/Windows] Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#42

Bugbear Entertainment, best known for its Flatout car racing franchise, started its successful career in video game development in March 2000. Nowadays the finnish company is working on the "Next Car Game" that will be available soon.. I hope!
    This week's review is to the very first title that came from Bugbear's studios: Rally Trophy!

Rally Trophy [2001, PC/Windows] Review - It's a Pixel THING - Ep.#42
  4. 386 Video Boot Issue

Quote Originally Posted by SpidersWeb View Post
    Old VGA cards often test the connector to determine if a display is colour or monochrome, when using a newer VGA monitor it often gets confused and results vary.
    I only have a couple of Trident cards which do this - so I make sure to use these with old CRTs - otherwise I try and use a different card that doesn't do it.
    Hmmm... how can video cards tell the difference? Was there something in the original VGA standard/original VGA signaling that made this possible?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Dicon

Usually I reserve these blogs for computer related projects but here's something that I've been wanting to get off my bench for a while.

About 10 years I found a rather amazing wireless security system known as the Dicon 9000. The name itself made me feel like it was going to be anything but good.

It appears to of been available in the late 80's and early 90's and came in a grey ...