Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Pericom terminal restoration

Quote Originally Posted by zippysticks View Post
    So I bought this non working Pericom terminal which won't power up (shorted smoothing capacitors and burned out bridge rectifier) and also has a pretty 'terminal' case of screen 'cataracts'.

Have the rectifier and capacitors on order so decided to tackle the screen problem. This is caused by the ageing of the 'glue' that bonds a layer of protective glass to the CRT. It becomes opaque and starts to bubble - usually around the edges.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190601_104748413.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	53658
  2. Depotting an 80's MCU from Ford...for AMC

Mention fuel and emissions control to people who lived through the 70's and early 80's with a car and for some reason the music of CCR and the sound of helicopters start going through their heads as if the Malaise Era was as traumatic to them as Vietnam might of been.
    Basically in that period the ability to run an engine loud and rich was being clamped down on to deal with smog and fuel shortages. Initially it was devices such as anemic carburetors, smog pumps, the Exhaust Gas Recirculation ...

Updated May 26th, 2019 at 04:44 PM by NeXT

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. I would like to ask some software Questions about ongoing/continuing support for the

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    There's a huge difference between "can" and "will" and "has resources to".

I'd love to. But I can just barely find time to do the things I already do.
    Thats why I am looking for ready-made solutions first. Such as applications from the FreeDOS Community. Or anything else anyone knows about I don't.

It would be a different story if I had managed to get my hands on SchoolMate Plus! Back in 2012.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Request for help on 5170 Mobo

Quote Originally Posted by Sabertooth View Post
    I have purchased an IBM 5170 with the Type 1 Mobo. I knew it didn't work when I got it but I do have some electronics background and thought I could make it work. I have changed out all the tantalum caps as well as a few of the MLCC. I installed the Supersoft BIOS v1.2 and it led me in a direction where I changed both 9517 DMA IC,s, replaced the original memory chips with NOS KM4128-15 the 8254 timer, 8942 keyboard controller and the 146818 RTC. I still get the same results as I have befofre
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Tandy 1000 mouse

On the CoCo, some very smart lads figured out how to get the CoCo to do high resolution via software and not via the high resolution interface.

I would think that the principles they outlined could be made into a better driver for the 1000.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 105 123451151101 ... LastLast