Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. PickUps 12: Video Games + Stuff | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 115

Let's take a look at 18 video games + related stuff that I managed to grab during the first 3 months of 2017!
    There's stuff for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Sega Mega Drive and PC CD-ROM along with other related items!
    Enjoy!

PickUps 12: Video Games + Stuff | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 115
  2. DDA Lines with 1 Byte Error Accumulators

For the past couple of weeks I've had my head metaphorically underwater as I drown myself in writing hardcore assembly for the first-time in two CGA routines: line and filled-triangle drawing. Both of these are based on Bresenham's algorithms which are fundamentally referred to as DDA (digital differential analyzers) and use the concept of integer error accumulators in order to approximate a line via pixels. Consider these two lines:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	line-00-77.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	414 Bytes 
ID:	37253 <-- (0,0) to (7,7)

Updated March 23rd, 2017 at 11:55 AM by neilobremski

Tags: bresenham, debug Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Asm
  3. Very Rare Find For Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    I visit my local Thrift store a few times a month, this time I was in for a surprise. See it on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTiWRSQMHpc
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Story of LucasFilm Games (Part I) | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 114

Lucasfilm Games, later known as LucasArts, was one of my favorite video game developers and publishers since its early years.
    This is their story.

The Story of LucasFilm Games (Part I) | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 114
  5. ES Segment Prefix Override

It's possible to override the implied segment of an instruction with a prefix. I was trying to figure out how to do this in DEBUG, specifically to copy the byte at ES:[DI] into AL. I couldn't figure out the correct syntax and the MSDN reference was not helping. I finally just looked up the machine code of such a prefix (26h) and then looked at what DEBUG disassembled it as:

Code:
    0100 BF0301	MOV DI,0103	; set DI to next instruction byte
    0103 26		ES:		; 26h = ES segment prefix override
    Categories
    Asm
Page 1 of 92 123451151 ... LastLast