Image Map Image Map
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Something OLD... something new...

As in learned knowledge...

Today I learned that the 1500 may have a problem in the charging/power circuit(s)...
    While 'playing' with the 'broken' 1800 I noticed that w/o the battery contacts connected the charge light BLINKED yellow when it would normally sit SOLID yellow while charging. I presumed that it was due to a flaw in the system board, considering the battery-acid damage.
    The 2810 arrived today and did the exact same thing with the battery removed. The (impeccable) ...

Updated May 13th, 2010 at 01:17 AM by leeb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Osborne One and Executive stuff

I have a large inventory of cases, keyboards, monitors, software, circuit boards, whatever .... for these two Osborne computers. Maybe even some complete, working units of the O-1. Please contact me with your needs as this is all soon going to recycling.
    Al
    340-277-1433
    skypilot177@yahoo.com
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Introduction

Hi, My name is Bob. I live in Akron, Ohio. I am married to a wonderful lady. Her name is Lynn. We have three grown children, three dogs. I found an old radio on the curb. It is a Knight radio. Well, that started me into antique radios. I have acquire more radios. I also have a nice Eico tube tester. I have a chance to get a rf generator and oscilloscope of Ebay from a local guy. I just have to a manual for the oscilloscope. Well, that's about it. Glad to be here. Thanks, Bob
    PS. The manual ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. EVER-so pleased!

To announce that I have FINALLY acquired (thru ebay) my 2810HD

AFAIK it is 'mostly' a duplicate of the 1800, with a few 'additions':
    1) External VGA port,
    2) External KBD port (PS/2-type),
    3) 4 Mb (4x1mb-30p SIMM) expandable memory (which I already have ),
    Shows how bad the ole memory is here! (See new post!)
    4) ... 16Mhz CPU (If I recall correctly).

With any luck, it will be able to 'guide' me thru the work on the 1800! ...

Updated May 13th, 2010 at 01:20 AM by leeb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Feeling a bit drained...

It looks like the 2032 'coin' battery I put in the 1500 is not quite enough to handle this machine...
    That, or there is a power drain somewhere, but it seems that a new battery will keep things happy for no more than a couple of weeks.... FAR too fast for a memory-keeper!

There may still be a problem with the 1500 that hasnt been addressed yet, but other than this 'forgetfulness', it seems to be quite happy.

On a tangent,
    I believe I have determined the ...

Updated May 8th, 2010 at 01:30 AM by leeb

Categories
    Uncategorized