Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

C's itoa() in Assembler with mini-sprintf bonus

I've been poking around for a quick way to convert 16-bit words into digit characters a la the itoa() function in C. I thought and searched a lot around dividing by constants and clever ways of...

Today 01:14 PM
    neilobremski

CGA Tiny Font (4x4)

In accordance with yesterday's entry on text rendering, I've now created the routine for a "tiny" font. What this does is take the 8x8 glyphs and compresses them into 4x4 squares by creating a sort...

Yesterday 08:38 AM
    neilobremski

CGA Text Blit

I went back and forth over whether or not to write my own text rendering routine in assembler. DOS supplies a decent print string function but it turned out to be insufficient to my needs. My...

July 18th, 2017 03:00 PM
    PixelTHING

PICKUPS 13: Video Games + Stuff | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 122

Let's take a look at 20 video games + related stuff that I managed to grab during the last 2 months! There's stuff for the PlayStation 4, PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and the original...

July 16th, 2017 02:43 AM
    neilobremski

Variable FPS Animation with DDA

I just finished writing some code to animate movement and turning. When initially planning to tackled this task I was going to make a lot of assumptions and fix the framerate regardless of the...

July 13th, 2017 09:39 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

mbbrutman

I'm in the club now! eBay was my last resort,...

I'm in the club now!

eBay was my last resort, but it worked out well. The seller was as paranoid as I am and the machine arrived with no damage.

Now I'm on the lookout for the "IBM Portable...

mbbrutman Today, 10:22 PM Go to last post
    TravisHuckins

I know how you feel. I needed to replace the...

I know how you feel. I needed to replace the DS12887 in my Gateway 2000 P5-90 and when I tried the knew one it didn't work right (said CMOS RAM was decreased or something like that) but at least it...

TravisHuckins Today, 10:21 PM Go to last post
    Mal

I have one of these but haven't yet cleaned or...

I have one of these but haven't yet cleaned or tested it. Mine came with 7 boxes of 8" floppies. The labels on the disks are cryptic/brief, but some (and perhaps all) appear to be for the...

Mal Today, 10:17 PM Go to last post
    mR_Slug

Not being able to write a floppy is going to be a...

Not being able to write a floppy is going to be a big hurdle. You can buy a floppy boot disk to just get things going, but it will limit your options. A tweener system with an Ethernet/USB connection...

mR_Slug Today, 10:03 PM Go to last post
    dJOS

< Place holder post for Pics - I'll add these...

< Place holder post for Pics - I'll add these later. >

dJOS Today, 09:58 PM Go to last post