Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

NeXT

Mastervoice ECU (The Butler in a Box Tries again)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/ballsandy/New%20Bucket/CGS_7739.jpg Two years ago I made another blog entry discussing the Mastervoice Butler in a Box. As a refresher this was a late 80's...

October 14th, 2017 01:32 PM
    PeterLI

Help needed: Compaq Presario 5220 all-in-one

Just use it as is. Want a more powerful Pentium: buy another OEM cheap. OEMs are not upgrade friendly and get easily damaged. They work great when left original.

October 13th, 2017 04:21 PM
    1944GPW

PDP-Lifter

Racking an old PDP-11 or its peripherals can take some care, owing to the weight and bulk. The task can be made easier with this simple equipment lifting cart you can build. You can quickly, easily...

October 6th, 2017 09:46 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

OldCat

I thought these pics were fairly decent. I don't...

I thought these pics were fairly decent. I don't have a real photo camera at home, but maybe I can convince my wife who dabbles in photography to do a proper session of my hardware (err, computers, I...

OldCat Today, 01:17 AM Go to last post
    OldCat

Yes, I think so. I reckon that there is some...

Yes, I think so. I reckon that there is some tension in the plastic and by exercising pressure when opening / closing lid we slowly crack the shell open. Just like living things - each breath and...

OldCat Today, 01:15 AM Go to last post
    ziloo

Win85 Emulator for Intel 8085

I haven't tested the emulator, but for those who are interested:

http://www.deus.gr/win85/index.htm

Viva Greece!!!!

ziloo :mrgreen:

ziloo Today, 01:03 AM Go to last post
    KC9UDX

This is one of my biggest beefs with the...

This is one of my biggest beefs with the "advancement" of modern technology. We keep getting further and further from things that individuals or small groups of individuals can build. For example,...

KC9UDX Today, 12:45 AM Go to last post
    g4ugm

I don't think so, normally PSU will sequence...

I don't think so, normally PSU will sequence rails. Running with just +5 and no +12 could have killed a DRAM chip, I think, but don't 4116 need -5v as well and I can't see a regulator on the board....

g4ugm Yesterday, 11:26 PM Go to last post