Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

NeXT

Mastervoice ECU (The Butler in a Box Tries again)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/ballsandy/New%20Bucket/CGS_7739.jpg Two years ago I made another blog entry discussing the Mastervoice Butler in a Box. As a refresher this was a late 80's...

October 14th, 2017 01:32 PM
    PeterLI

Help needed: Compaq Presario 5220 all-in-one

Just use it as is. Want a more powerful Pentium: buy another OEM cheap. OEMs are not upgrade friendly and get easily damaged. They work great when left original.

October 13th, 2017 04:21 PM
    1944GPW

PDP-Lifter

Racking an old PDP-11 or its peripherals can take some care, owing to the weight and bulk. The task can be made easier with this simple equipment lifting cart you can build. You can quickly, easily...

October 6th, 2017 09:46 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

RobertK

Hi soviet9922, I would recommend to forget about...

Hi soviet9922,
    I would recommend to forget about the "pin 7" solution and use an external power supply. That of course means one more cable hanging from your adapter, but it has the advantage that...

RobertK Today, 04:59 AM Go to last post
    Stone

In a word... tweener.

In a word... tweener.

Stone Today, 04:48 AM Go to last post
    acadiel

I still wonder how easy/hard it would be to make...

I still wonder how easy/hard it would be to make a little board that would adapt the XTA interface of these older systems (20 and 40MB drives) to a small solid state flash drive, so that could use...

acadiel Today, 04:47 AM Go to last post
    hjalfi

How to deal with floppy disks on modern PCs?

I was about to order a floppy disk drive for creating BBC Micro floppies with, until I thought to check whether my modern PC motherboard had a floppy drive connector. It doesn't.

It looks like PCI...

hjalfi Today, 04:34 AM Go to last post
    hjalfi

I've just written an almost self-hosting compiler...

I've just written an almost self-hosting compiler for a strongly-typed Ada-ish programming language for the 6502. It'll compile 'Hello, world!' into real machine code in as little as sixteen minutes!...

hjalfi Today, 04:19 AM Go to last post