Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

Random Cubic Polynomial in Assembler

I finally reached back into some of my first assembler to write a routine called cubicnom() that generates a random cubic polynomial as the title implies. This pulls together several recent bits of...

July 27th, 2017 08:17 AM
    neilobremski

Seeding Randomness with a String

Random numbers are great but sometimes you want them to be consistently random (an oxymoron!) so that you can rely on their pattern being the same. For example, in Magenta's Maze everything is...

July 25th, 2017 08:38 AM
    neilobremski

RAND() in Assembler

The puzzles of Magenta's Maze are generated using the barely sufficient rand() function supplied by MSC 5.1. There are some issues with this, most notably that the highest bit of the 16-bit word...

July 24th, 2017 02:50 PM
    PixelTHING

VINTAGE FLYERS from COMMODORE [1990] | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 123

This week I'll be showcasing some vintage flyers from the Amiga and Personal Computer families from Commodore that were being commercialized around 1990. Enjoy! VINTAGE FLYERS from COMMODORE |...

July 23rd, 2017 04:08 AM
    neilobremski

C's itoa() in Assembler with mini-sprintf bonus

I've been poking around for a quick way to convert 16-bit words into digit characters a la the itoa() function in C. I thought and searched a lot around dividing by constants and clever ways of...

July 20th, 2017 01:14 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Chromedome45

Modified floppy cable for Tandy 1000 TX

As some of may or may not know the Tandy1000 TX floppy cable has power running through it to power the 3.5" floppy. Therefore not allowing use of a standard floppy drive. If you did use a standard...

Chromedome45 Today, 03:51 AM Go to last post
    reenigne

Very nice! I'm glad we were able to inspire you....

Very nice! I'm glad we were able to inspire you.

I have some suggestions about improvements to your converter: you might find you're able to get even better results by using a different metric. It...

reenigne Today, 03:14 AM Go to last post
    David_M

The all white screen can be caused by a few...

The all white screen can be caused by a few things.

To eliminate some of the potential causes, boot the machine to basic (no floppy).
    If you hear the speaker beep type gr and press enter.
    Let...

David_M Today, 03:12 AM Go to last post
    pski

As always, great work, Pascal!

As always, great work, Pascal!

pski Today, 03:05 AM Go to last post
    pbirkel@gmail.com

Sure was, still am, and I thank you _very_ much...

Sure was, still am, and I thank you _very_ much for putting together this documentation. I am thereby obliged!

pbirkel@gmail.com Today, 03:01 AM Go to last post