Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

PixelTHING

Complete History of COLIN McRAE RALLY and DiRT | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 119

10 years ago, the Colin McRae Rally franchise evolved into DiRT, alongside the advent of the 7th generation of consoles. Itís the perfect time to recall that huge leap and, also, its origins! ...

Today 07:23 AM
    neilobremski

8 Bit Twice Shy aka Size Does Matter

I've been working with 8-bit fixed point for pre-calculated SINE and COSINE values. One compromise of this is that the maximum positive value is only 127 which means I can only represent 127/128...

Yesterday 08:51 AM
    PixelTHING

Q&A: Special 3rd Anniversary | It's a Pixel THING

Celebrating the 3rd Anniversary of the channel, here's my answers to a bunch of questions that you guys are constantly asking me! See you all in Season 4! Cheers! Q&A: Special 3rd Anniversary |...

June 9th, 2017 06:54 AM
    neilobremski

Square Raycast

Magenta's Maze is a tile-based 3D game but the first version supported general 3D objects and used C's qsort() to depth sort objects by their first vertex value. Although this was flexible, it was...

June 5th, 2017 04:07 PM
    neilobremski

Sine here for 7 Bits

It's time to take the time to make a post to mark my progress. Previously I had mentioned doing sine and cosine multiplications using fixed-point, specifically 10-bit so that the whole unsigned...

June 5th, 2017 02:59 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Chromedome45

I need to put one together. But I do know that...

I need to put one together. But I do know that there are a couple Matrox Millenniums both AGP and PCI the AGP is missing the mounting bracket, a few S3's Virge mainly a VooDoo 3 AGP runs Quake II...

Chromedome45 Today, 02:34 PM Go to last post
    gslick

I grabbed 3 NOS tubes (63 parts total) of Harris...

I grabbed 3 NOS tubes (63 parts total) of Harris HM1-6514-9 parts on eBay earlier this year at what seemed to be a decent price to me. From the datasheet they appear to share the standard 2114...

gslick Today, 01:44 PM Go to last post
    Havoc

wow getting a little power hungry are we, if you...

wow getting a little power hungry are we, if you read it threw.... My whole topic was how I explain my builds...which are PC & Clones. So what other topic would it better fit. Do what you wish. I...

Havoc Today, 01:10 PM Go to last post
    gslick

If you're more focused on collecting vintage tech...

If you're more focused on collecting vintage tech that was aimed at hobbyists when it was current then most HP gear doesn't really fit in that category. For the most part vintage HP computer gear was...

gslick Today, 01:06 PM Go to last post
    David_M

I got one off ebay last year for one of my...

I got one off ebay last year for one of my pentium machines and was surprised to see it had a date code that showed it was less than a year old. Fitting it was fairly simple using my desoldering...

David_M Today, 12:56 PM Go to last post