Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

gnallkoff

unidentyfied Board

I 've got an ISA 8 bit board wich seems to be an EGA Graphic Adapter but I'm not shure. On to the Board is printed " W26361-D518-Z4-01-5 BAMAO S26361-D518 GS2. " I was looking on Stason.ORG but...

Yesterday 08:35 AM
    PixelTHING

Video Game PickUps #11 - It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 112

Let's take a look at a few video games that I forgot to mention on my last pickups video! These are titles that I managed to grab during last December, and there's stuff for the PlayStation 3,...

February 17th, 2017 09:12 AM
    neilobremski

Optimizing Double Buffer: C vs Asm

There's no contest, right? C versus Assembler and you know the latter is going to crush the former. The question really becomes why and what you can do about it. But first I wanted to see just how...

February 16th, 2017 01:14 PM
    neilobremski

Calling REP MOVSW in C

What I'm about to show you will only work in 16-bit real-mode x86 compilers. The only built-in CRT functions you have for copying data from one place to another are things like memcpy(). And the...

February 16th, 2017 09:00 AM
    neilobremski

x86 Assembly Local Variables

The SS register stores the Stack Segment and the logical stack itself grows down. When you PUSH a register, its value is added at SS:SP and SP is decremented by 2. 1 A procedure's local variables,...

February 15th, 2017 01:37 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

kyeakel

The Compute magazines are gone, the OS/2 stuff is...

The Compute magazines are gone, the OS/2 stuff is gone, the dbase is gone. The IBM tech manuals are gone.
    The rest will be going to the Salvation Army next week, I'm guessing the magazines will be...

kyeakel Today, 12:06 PM Go to last post
    benfinoradin

General best practice for power-on?

Hi all,

I am wondering what the general conventional wisdom is around powering on vintage personal computers that have not been powered on, or even plugged in at all in many years, even decades.

benfinoradin Today, 11:36 AM Go to last post
    ClassicHasClass

Vintage is whatever you remember using (or...

Vintage is whatever you remember using (or wanting) during the good old days. :)

ClassicHasClass Today, 11:18 AM Go to last post
    ClassicHasClass

Doesn't look like it. I would have loved the FD...

Doesn't look like it. I would have loved the FD interface, since I have oodles of 1541 disk drives around here.

ClassicHasClass Today, 11:14 AM Go to last post
    ClassicHasClass

In order: The name of the System Folder is...

In order:

The name of the System Folder is unimportant; it's just called "System Folder" by convention. The Mac will boot from any folder that is "blessed" (i.e., has the System file and certain...

ClassicHasClass Today, 11:09 AM Go to last post