Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

C's itoa() in Assembler with mini-sprintf bonus

I've been poking around for a quick way to convert 16-bit words into digit characters a la the itoa() function in C. I thought and searched a lot around dividing by constants and clever ways of...

Yesterday 01:14 PM
    neilobremski

CGA Tiny Font (4x4)

In accordance with yesterday's entry on text rendering, I've now created the routine for a "tiny" font. What this does is take the 8x8 glyphs and compresses them into 4x4 squares by creating a sort...

July 19th, 2017 08:38 AM
    neilobremski

CGA Text Blit

I went back and forth over whether or not to write my own text rendering routine in assembler. DOS supplies a decent print string function but it turned out to be insufficient to my needs. My...

July 18th, 2017 03:00 PM
    PixelTHING

PICKUPS 13: Video Games + Stuff | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 122

Let's take a look at 20 video games + related stuff that I managed to grab during the last 2 months! There's stuff for the PlayStation 4, PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and the original...

July 16th, 2017 02:43 AM
    neilobremski

Variable FPS Animation with DDA

I just finished writing some code to animate movement and turning. When initially planning to tackled this task I was going to make a lot of assumptions and fix the framerate regardless of the...

July 13th, 2017 09:39 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

themikepeng

Word of Caution: USB to IDE on 486-era drives

To anyone using USB to IDE adapters to transfer files to vintage hard drives: this is not a foolproof method apparently. I have been using USB to IDE adapters for a while now to transfer files from...

themikepeng Today, 12:27 AM Go to last post
    dJOS

very cool machine, what are the chances that this...

very cool machine, what are the chances that this was a cost reduced machine designed for POS or Industrial Control type applications?

dJOS Today, 12:26 AM Go to last post
    Trixter

I was able to test Pyrofer's unit. ...

I was able to test Pyrofer's unit. Unfortunately, the conversion quality leaves a little to be desired, at least when it comes to CGA. The colors are somewhat wrong, especially the second 8 colors...

Trixter Yesterday, 11:22 PM Go to last post
    mR_Slug

I no longer have the PS/2 model 95 or the 80 in...

I no longer have the PS/2 model 95 or the 80 in the foreground. Although I do have another of both. In fact most of the stuff in these images has gone. I still have the Mac II (in the first image I...

mR_Slug Yesterday, 11:15 PM Go to last post
    Chuck(G)

Dunno exactly. The 68K was probably used because...

Dunno exactly. The 68K was probably used because of its convenient large-data handling (32 bit registers, 24 bit address space) and most CNC gear doesn't demand a lot of OS power (at least it didn't...

Chuck(G) Yesterday, 10:52 PM Go to last post