Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

C's itoa() in Assembler with mini-sprintf bonus

I've been poking around for a quick way to convert 16-bit words into digit characters a la the itoa() function in C. I thought and searched a lot around dividing by constants and clever ways of...

July 20th, 2017 01:14 PM
    neilobremski

CGA Tiny Font (4x4)

In accordance with yesterday's entry on text rendering, I've now created the routine for a "tiny" font. What this does is take the 8x8 glyphs and compresses them into 4x4 squares by creating a sort...

July 19th, 2017 08:38 AM
    neilobremski

CGA Text Blit

I went back and forth over whether or not to write my own text rendering routine in assembler. DOS supplies a decent print string function but it turned out to be insufficient to my needs. My...

July 18th, 2017 03:00 PM
    PixelTHING

PICKUPS 13: Video Games + Stuff | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 122

Let's take a look at 20 video games + related stuff that I managed to grab during the last 2 months! There's stuff for the PlayStation 4, PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and the original...

July 16th, 2017 02:43 AM
    neilobremski

Variable FPS Animation with DDA

I just finished writing some code to animate movement and turning. When initially planning to tackled this task I was going to make a lot of assumptions and fix the framerate regardless of the...

July 13th, 2017 09:39 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Kazblox

That homebrew computer sure looks nice. Is there...

That homebrew computer sure looks nice. Is there any possible way you can dump the ROM chips on everything in the computer that contains them?

Kazblox Today, 04:14 PM Go to last post
    Great Hierophant

Indeed, and the design is pretty simple to adapt...

Indeed, and the design is pretty simple to adapt for an EX or HX.

Great Hierophant Today, 04:09 PM Go to last post
    njroadfan

Its likely the Windows 95 Cardbus drivers do some...

Its likely the Windows 95 Cardbus drivers do some register twiddling to the controller while loading. The USB support in Windows 98 likely conflicts with it for an unknown reason. Another option to...

njroadfan Today, 03:29 PM Go to last post
    DeathAdderSF

I don't see how. The Inboard is made specifically...

I don't see how. The Inboard is made specifically for a real PC. ISA PC and Apple II cards aren't interchangeable like that.

Speaking of the AD8088, has its software even been made publicly...

DeathAdderSF Today, 03:20 PM Go to last post
    gslick

There might be a couple of choices. I don't know...

There might be a couple of choices. I don't know from first hand experience myself.

EK-DZ110-UG-002_DZ11_Users_Guide_Feb79.pdf

For the M7819 DZ11-A EIA version this manual specifies an H317-E...

gslick Today, 03:06 PM Go to last post