Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

Random Cubic Polynomial in Assembler

I finally reached back into some of my first assembler to write a routine called cubicnom() that generates a random cubic polynomial as the title implies. This pulls together several recent bits of...

Today 08:17 AM
    neilobremski

Seeding Randomness with a String

Random numbers are great but sometimes you want them to be consistently random (an oxymoron!) so that you can rely on their pattern being the same. For example, in Magenta's Maze everything is...

July 25th, 2017 08:38 AM
    neilobremski

RAND() in Assembler

The puzzles of Magenta's Maze are generated using the barely sufficient rand() function supplied by MSC 5.1. There are some issues with this, most notably that the highest bit of the 16-bit word...

July 24th, 2017 02:50 PM
    PixelTHING

VINTAGE FLYERS from COMMODORE [1990] | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 123

This week I'll be showcasing some vintage flyers from the Amiga and Personal Computer families from Commodore that were being commercialized around 1990. Enjoy! VINTAGE FLYERS from COMMODORE |...

July 23rd, 2017 04:08 AM
    neilobremski

C's itoa() in Assembler with mini-sprintf bonus

I've been poking around for a quick way to convert 16-bit words into digit characters a la the itoa() function in C. I thought and searched a lot around dividing by constants and clever ways of...

July 20th, 2017 01:14 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

ScanDisk

Monthly Long Distance Calling Plan Recommendations?

This isn't entirely off-topic as you will soon see why, but I didn't see any other forum section in which to post this.

I have a Packard Bell Pack-Mate III with a 286 @12mhz and 1MB of ram (though...

ScanDisk Today, 08:32 PM Go to last post
    Trixter

In more ways than one!

In more ways than one!

Trixter Today, 08:22 PM Go to last post
    eeguru

Actually flip-chip is used even more generically...

Actually flip-chip is used even more generically now days. Its generally used to refer to any direct bonding of the silicon wafer to the package - in contrast to a traditional wire-bond where gold...

eeguru Today, 08:14 PM Go to last post
    Dwight Elvey

Intel I4004

I was wondering if there is any interest in talking about 4004
    coding. Not every one has a real 4004 system to experiment with
    but there are still a number of emulators out there.
    Of interest is...

Dwight Elvey Today, 08:03 PM Go to last post
    gertk

It looks like a predecessor to Ball Grid Arrays...

It looks like a predecessor to Ball Grid Arrays with the difference that BGA chips are sealed and the flip chip is 'naked' which also explains the need to fill the space between the board and chip...

gertk Today, 07:57 PM Go to last post