Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

NeXT

Mastervoice ECU (The Butler in a Box Tries again)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/ballsandy/New%20Bucket/CGS_7739.jpg Two years ago I made another blog entry discussing the Mastervoice Butler in a Box. As a refresher this was a late 80's...

October 14th, 2017 01:32 PM
    PeterLI

Help needed: Compaq Presario 5220 all-in-one

Just use it as is. Want a more powerful Pentium: buy another OEM cheap. OEMs are not upgrade friendly and get easily damaged. They work great when left original.

October 13th, 2017 04:21 PM
    1944GPW

PDP-Lifter

Racking an old PDP-11 or its peripherals can take some care, owing to the weight and bulk. The task can be made easier with this simple equipment lifting cart you can build. You can quickly, easily...

October 6th, 2017 09:46 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Random73

Instruction Manual MEK6800D1

I posted photos of several pages from the instruction manual plus the large fold-out schematic to the MEK6800D1 album at this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/93107833@N07/albums

Over next few...

Random73 Today, 06:59 PM Go to last post
    Chuck(G)

1) You have to have the flash drive inserted and...

1) You have to have the flash drive inserted and ready when you boot MS-DOS. The driver does not recognize media changes.
    2) Read this. Note that the driver assigns its own letter--you don't do...

Chuck(G) Today, 06:50 PM Go to last post
    David_M

I tried XFS and it was a pain in the ass, it kept...

I tried XFS and it was a pain in the ass, it kept name mangling files that didnt have a long filename. If the file was created on the NAS from a machine that supported long filenames XFS screwed them...

David_M Today, 06:30 PM Go to last post
    Tibs

I bought a few green CRTs from VCD, they aren't...

I bought a few green CRTs from VCD, they aren't that hard to change out, just respect the tube in the event it hasn't discharged enough.

Tibs Today, 06:28 PM Go to last post
    PhilipA

My, oh my, oh my. Where did the time go? I...

My, oh my, oh my. Where did the time go?

I know where it went. Work, life, death, court, houses and lawyers.

However, I have managed, for the first time in two years, to gather up something...

PhilipA Today, 06:26 PM Go to last post