Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

The Great DIVide

The DIV and IDIV instructions perform integer divisions simply and relatively quickly as opposed to creating a simple loop. Let me start by showing how one could divide an integer without these...

Today 09:53 AM
    neilobremski

ASCII / BIOS Character Graphics

Even back on the original IBM PC you could get read-only access to the glyph pixel data for the standard ASCII character set, extended ASCII, and control characters with codes less than 32 (0x20) . ...

April 18th, 2017 01:26 PM
    neilobremski

DDA Texture Mapping [Part 1]

I am learning and working on a quadrilateral DDA texture mapper for CGA that uses the 8x8 monochrome BIOS characters for texels, for use in an optimized version of Magenta's Maze. Reading Mats and...

April 17th, 2017 10:22 AM
    PixelTHING

The Complete Story of LucasArts (Part II - Final) | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 116

Here's the conclusion of #PixelTHING's Complete Story of Lucasfilm Games / LucasArts! Let's take a look at the last 22 years of LucasArts gaming history! Enjoy! The Complete Story of LucasArts...

April 15th, 2017 02:22 AM
    neilobremski

2D Outline of 3D Shape

The goal here is to draw lines around the outside of a 3D rendered shape. For my purposes, all 3D to 2D rendering is done via triangles. The reason triangles are so awesome for 3D is that every...

April 10th, 2017 09:35 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

8008guy

Nice job peter!

Nice job peter!

8008guy Today, 08:03 PM Go to last post
    KC9UDX

Once you have a known good PLA, the problems are...

Once you have a known good PLA, the problems are pretty easy to narrow down from there. Unless you need a scope for other things, you may not need it here. My experience is that there are two...

KC9UDX Today, 08:00 PM Go to last post
    KC9UDX

This is one of those rare times that otherwise...

This is one of those rare times that otherwise mostly useless feature of Unix would come in handy; where you can make the current directory not part of the executable search path.

KC9UDX Today, 07:54 PM Go to last post
    pski

Keep in mind you will need a lot more than just...

Keep in mind you will need a lot more than just the floppy drives for this upgrade. You will need a second power supply or power supply upgrade, a floppy controller board, mounting brackets, etc. ...

pski Today, 07:49 PM Go to last post
    absmustang

37967 I had a bit of a hard time pulling the...

I had a bit of a hard time pulling the PLA. Don't judge!
    For all I know it's fried. So I ordered PLAnkton which will be shipping on May 15th...more waiting around.

Now I'm thinking "what...

absmustang Today, 06:45 PM Go to last post