Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

gnallkoff

unidentyfied Board

I 've got an ISA 8 bit board wich seems to be an EGA Graphic Adapter but I'm not shure. On to the Board is printed " W26361-D518-Z4-01-5 BAMAO S26361-D518 GS2. " I was looking on Stason.ORG but...

February 19th, 2017 08:35 AM
    PixelTHING

Video Game PickUps #11 - It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 112

Let's take a look at a few video games that I forgot to mention on my last pickups video! These are titles that I managed to grab during last December, and there's stuff for the PlayStation 3,...

February 17th, 2017 09:12 AM
    neilobremski

Optimizing Double Buffer: C vs Asm

There's no contest, right? C versus Assembler and you know the latter is going to crush the former. The question really becomes why and what you can do about it. But first I wanted to see just how...

February 16th, 2017 01:14 PM
    neilobremski

Calling REP MOVSW in C

What I'm about to show you will only work in 16-bit real-mode x86 compilers. The only built-in CRT functions you have for copying data from one place to another are things like memcpy(). And the...

February 16th, 2017 09:00 AM
    neilobremski

x86 Assembly Local Variables

The SS register stores the Stack Segment and the logical stack itself grows down. When you PUSH a register, its value is added at SS:SP and SP is decremented by 2. 1 A procedure's local variables,...

February 15th, 2017 01:37 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

falter

Yes there is signal here, same on both boards. ...

Yes there is signal here, same on both boards.

There are pulses at all those pins on both ICs.

falter Today, 10:20 AM Go to last post
    Scali

The conclusion is then that if ch is nonzero (or...

The conclusion is then that if ch is nonzero (or undefined), the compiler should replace sequences of movsw with mov cx, NN ; rep movsw for NN >= 9.
    And if ch is zero (if there was a previous mov...

Scali Today, 10:18 AM Go to last post
    PhilipA

Hm. Anybody has a copy of the Win 3.11 drivers...

Hm. Anybody has a copy of the Win 3.11 drivers for a 3Com 3C509 Ethernet NIC?

Phil

PhilipA Today, 10:03 AM Go to last post
    falter

Okay so.. yeah.. I'm wrong on the 2513. I...

Okay so.. yeah.. I'm wrong on the 2513. I compared how it acts on the working board to the non-working. It's the exact same. If I pick any address line and power up, it's low. As I type more, the...

falter Today, 09:59 AM Go to last post
    Chuck(G)

C107 does look pretty "bulged", indicating that...

C107 does look pretty "bulged", indicating that it's either bad or about to go bad. You might consider replacing all of the electrolytics in the PSU, given the system's age.

Chuck(G) Today, 09:54 AM Go to last post