Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

DDA Lines with 1 Byte Error Accumulators

For the past couple of weeks I've had my head metaphorically underwater as I drown myself in writing hardcore assembly for the first-time in two CGA routines: line and filled-triangle drawing. Both...

March 23rd, 2017 10:01 AM
    Havoc

Very Rare Find For Me!

March 22nd, 2017 11:23 AM
    PixelTHING

The Story of LucasFilm Games (Part I) | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 114

Lucasfilm Games, later known as LucasArts, was one of my favorite video game developers and publishers since its early years. This is their story. The Story of LucasFilm Games (Part I) | It's a...

March 20th, 2017 02:50 AM
    neilobremski

ES Segment Prefix Override

It's possible to override the implied segment of an instruction with a prefix. I was trying to figure out how to do this in DEBUG, specifically to copy the byte at ES: into AL. I couldn't figure out...

March 12th, 2017 02:20 PM
    neilobremski

Software written in DOS DEBUG

The DEBUG utility included with DOS (and FreeDOS) is an awesome experimental and hobbyist programming platform, but can it be used for professional programs and full blown software? I think so. My...

March 10th, 2017 10:29 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

MerrickD

Wanted: Apple M0110 keyboard

Looking for a Macintosh keyboard model M0110. This is the one used on the Mac 128 and 512k that doesn't have the number pad built in. Let me know what you have. Thanks!

MerrickD Today, 02:49 PM Go to last post
    Chuck(G)

If you're worried about hard drive size, there...

If you're worried about hard drive size, there are IDE cards with their own BIOS extension (e.g. Promise) that can alleviate the problem. In other words, not a big deal.

Chuck(G) Today, 02:41 PM Go to last post
    Bungo Pony

I painstakingly re-did all of the keys on my...

I painstakingly re-did all of the keys on my Kaypro II. Took me about two weeks, but I did it for under $10. I put pictures and instructions here:

Bungo Pony Today, 02:26 PM Go to last post
    MikeS

+1 ! Well done! m

+1 ! Well done!

m

MikeS Today, 02:18 PM Go to last post
    KenEG

Tried 2M-XBIOS.EXE. I would need another floppy...

Tried 2M-XBIOS.EXE. I would need another floppy controller for it to work. I have a 1.44 mb backpack drive on my PCjr and a parallel port switch. I will get some cables and hook that up.

KenEG Today, 02:14 PM Go to last post