Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

neilobremski

There Is No Subtraction

These wonderful digital processing units of ours are, at their heart, very fast binary adders. There may be a SUBtract instruction but this is the same as adding the two's compliment of a number. ...

April 25th, 2017 04:01 PM
    neilobremski

The Great DIVide

The DIV and IDIV instructions perform integer divisions simply and relatively quickly as opposed to creating a simple loop. Let me start by showing how one could divide an integer without these...

April 24th, 2017 09:53 AM
    neilobremski

ASCII / BIOS Character Graphics

Even back on the original IBM PC you could get read-only access to the glyph pixel data for the standard ASCII character set, extended ASCII, and control characters with codes less than 32 (0x20) . ...

April 18th, 2017 01:26 PM
    neilobremski

DDA Texture Mapping [Part 1]

I am learning and working on a quadrilateral DDA texture mapper for CGA that uses the 8x8 monochrome BIOS characters for texels, for use in an optimized version of Magenta's Maze. Reading Mats and...

April 17th, 2017 10:22 AM
    PixelTHING

The Complete Story of LucasArts (Part II - Final) | It's a Pixel THING - Ep. 116

Here's the conclusion of #PixelTHING's Complete Story of Lucasfilm Games / LucasArts! Let's take a look at the last 22 years of LucasArts gaming history! Enjoy! The Complete Story of LucasArts...

April 15th, 2017 02:22 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Caluser2000

F-prot was my AV of choice for dos.

F-prot was my AV of choice for dos.

Caluser2000 Today, 09:46 PM Go to last post
    Unknown_K

I run older versions of Avast plus Malwarebytes...

I run older versions of Avast plus Malwarebytes plus a few other I used back in the day. I forget what I use for DOS machines and then its mostly because some disk images found on the net might have...

Unknown_K Today, 09:32 PM Go to last post
    Chuck(G)

How's this? It looks pretty complete. The...

How's this? It looks pretty complete. The high-order bit in each byte appears not to be used. Otherwise, this seems to be roughly an 8x16 font.

Chuck(G) Today, 08:44 PM Go to last post
    chulofiasco

I have new etherstreamers & m-acap/a adapters...

I have new etherstreamers & m-acap/a adapters...

chulofiasco Today, 07:07 PM Go to last post
    Caleb Hansberry

FedEx does indeed do a good job. If I was...

FedEx does indeed do a good job.

If I was nearby I'd get many things, that's pretty great. More people should take you up on some of that.

That isn't a MacPlus, at least not a Mac Plus front...

Caleb Hansberry Today, 06:48 PM Go to last post