Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

NeXT

Mastervoice ECU (The Butler in a Box Tries again)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/ballsandy/New%20Bucket/CGS_7739.jpg Two years ago I made another blog entry discussing the Mastervoice Butler in a Box. As a refresher this was a late 80's...

October 14th, 2017 01:32 PM
    PeterLI

Help needed: Compaq Presario 5220 all-in-one

Just use it as is. Want a more powerful Pentium: buy another OEM cheap. OEMs are not upgrade friendly and get easily damaged. They work great when left original.

October 13th, 2017 04:21 PM
    1944GPW

PDP-Lifter

Racking an old PDP-11 or its peripherals can take some care, owing to the weight and bulk. The task can be made easier with this simple equipment lifting cart you can build. You can quickly, easily...

October 6th, 2017 09:46 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

vwestlife

Does it show any signs of life when you turn it...

Does it show any signs of life when you turn it on? If it shows the screen asking for a Workbench disk, that's a good sign... but you'll still need to clean all that corrosion off the motherboard....

vwestlife Today, 04:34 AM Go to last post
    clh333

For the sake of completeness: HDC and RAM...

For the sake of completeness:

HDC and RAM expansion board pics attached. RAM board has 2 meg of OKI 511000-10 (100 ns?) with empty slots for 6 meg more.

-CH-

41382 41383 41384

clh333 Today, 04:22 AM Go to last post
    ldkraemer

Doug, Before you anything, I'd like for you to...

Doug,
    Before you anything, I'd like for you to try this first.

Power up Drive(s) that are attached to EI. Then, Power up the EI. Then, Power up the TRS-80 Keyboard while you hold the
    "BREAK...

ldkraemer Today, 04:13 AM Go to last post
    irix

With the pre-compiled Google code version...

With the pre-compiled Google code version everything works fine, just not every single time, sometimes it just won't see anything at all, that's the only problem I've had with that version.
    So the...

irix Today, 04:00 AM Go to last post
    durgadas311

That certainly sounds like...

That certainly sounds like flow-control/handshaking. Kermit should be capable of X-ON/X-OFF (as well as hardware (CTS/RTS)) handshaking, but I'm not sure of what is enabled by default. But, in order...

durgadas311 Today, 03:52 AM Go to last post