Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

NeXT

Mastervoice ECU (The Butler in a Box Tries again)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/ballsandy/New%20Bucket/CGS_7739.jpg Two years ago I made another blog entry discussing the Mastervoice Butler in a Box. As a refresher this was a late 80's...

October 14th, 2017 01:32 PM
    PeterLI

Help needed: Compaq Presario 5220 all-in-one

Just use it as is. Want a more powerful Pentium: buy another OEM cheap. OEMs are not upgrade friendly and get easily damaged. They work great when left original.

October 13th, 2017 04:21 PM
    1944GPW

PDP-Lifter

Racking an old PDP-11 or its peripherals can take some care, owing to the weight and bulk. The task can be made easier with this simple equipment lifting cart you can build. You can quickly, easily...

October 6th, 2017 09:46 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

KenEG

Installed the cordless phone battery today. It...

Installed the cordless phone battery today. It seems to be working fine. The battery I removed was a 60 mah. This one is 600 MHz. It should hold setting a long time between uses once fully...

KenEG Today, 02:18 PM Go to last post
    eeguru

I've also stuck a XT-IDE BIOS in a system...

I've also stuck a XT-IDE BIOS in a system temporarily in order to select drive B from the boot menu.

eeguru Today, 02:10 PM Go to last post
    eeguru

I wasn't aware there were two flavors. This is a...

I wasn't aware there were two flavors. This is a 7 slot motherboard with two banks of soldered on DRAM chips - assuming 128KB per bank. There are no free DIP sockets unless they are under the...

eeguru Today, 02:08 PM Go to last post
    hjalfi

@Chuck: As to why use a CLDC, the answer is, of...

@Chuck: As to why use a CLDC, the answer is, of course, because I have one...

The $10 device I has an 80MHz Cortex M3 on it, so it's got a reasonable amount of CPU power, although the 64kB of RAM...

hjalfi Today, 02:00 PM Go to last post
    TRS-Ian

Send some pictures of your motherboard when it...

Send some pictures of your motherboard when it arrives. They came in at least two flavours if memory (pardon the pun) serves. 5 slot and 8 slot. It's possible the 8 slot can be upgraded to 640K on...

TRS-Ian Today, 01:58 PM Go to last post