Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

NeXT

Mastervoice ECU (The Butler in a Box Tries again)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/ballsandy/New%20Bucket/CGS_7739.jpg Two years ago I made another blog entry discussing the Mastervoice Butler in a Box. As a refresher this was a late 80's...

October 14th, 2017 01:32 PM
    PeterLI

Help needed: Compaq Presario 5220 all-in-one

Just use it as is. Want a more powerful Pentium: buy another OEM cheap. OEMs are not upgrade friendly and get easily damaged. They work great when left original.

October 13th, 2017 04:21 PM
    1944GPW

PDP-Lifter

Racking an old PDP-11 or its peripherals can take some care, owing to the weight and bulk. The task can be made easier with this simple equipment lifting cart you can build. You can quickly, easily...

October 6th, 2017 09:46 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

bettablue

I know this thread is a bit old, but since my...

I know this thread is a bit old, but since my absence, I havenít been able to do much with any of the computers in my collection. One of the things I want to do is upgrade my TRS-80 Model 4, and...

bettablue Today, 05:59 PM Go to last post
    Chuck(G)

Why use the BIOS? The 6300/M24/etc. has several...

Why use the BIOS? The 6300/M24/etc. has several hardware differences. For example, there's a fairly unique clock/calendar chip that's not present at the I/O address in other systems. i.e. an...

Chuck(G) Today, 05:39 PM Go to last post
    gslick

If you went the MFM emulator route by the time...

If you went the MFM emulator route by the time you add the cost of that and its host CPU to the cost of an RQDX3 and some sort of breakout cable board you probably aren't far from the cost of a CMD...

gslick Today, 05:16 PM Go to last post
    Lou - N2MIY

I have found that the CQD220/SCSI route yields...

I have found that the CQD220/SCSI route yields much faster disk operation performance than the RQDX3/MFM. However, the RQDX3 is much less expensive. Although working MFM drives are harder to find (I...

Lou - N2MIY Today, 04:25 PM Go to last post
    Dwight Elvey

Actually the pressure isn't the issue. It does...

Actually the pressure isn't the issue. It does increase the loss but it is not the difference between atmospheric pressure and the helium pressure. It is the difference in partial pressure of the...

Dwight Elvey Today, 03:52 PM Go to last post