Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• Recent Blog Posts

NeXT

Mastervoice ECU (The Butler in a Box Tries again)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/ballsandy/New%20Bucket/CGS_7739.jpg Two years ago I made another blog entry discussing the Mastervoice Butler in a Box. As a refresher this was a late 80's...

October 14th, 2017 01:32 PM
    PeterLI

Help needed: Compaq Presario 5220 all-in-one

Just use it as is. Want a more powerful Pentium: buy another OEM cheap. OEMs are not upgrade friendly and get easily damaged. They work great when left original.

October 13th, 2017 04:21 PM
    1944GPW

PDP-Lifter

Racking an old PDP-11 or its peripherals can take some care, owing to the weight and bulk. The task can be made easier with this simple equipment lifting cart you can build. You can quickly, easily...

October 6th, 2017 09:46 PM
  • Recent Forum Posts

Caluser2000

Its actually a good idea that works very well for...

Its actually a good idea that works very well for a lot of people. Even older systems
    which can support both 5.25" and 3.5" formats are starting to sell for good money.

Caluser2000 Today, 10:34 AM Go to last post
    eeguru

@agree with Chuck. I really wish I had a large...

@agree with Chuck. I really wish I had a large block of time to devote to building an open source alternative. However I have an SCP en route via the post as I type. It's $100 and the...

eeguru Today, 10:31 AM Go to last post
    spiceminer

I served in a logistics regiment in the German...

I served in a logistics regiment in the German army in the late 90s (in an electronics support group). From time to time we had HX20 for service and cleaning. I believe that one application was as...

spiceminer Today, 10:15 AM Go to last post
    ibmapc

I don't recommend wd-40 as a lubricant. It...

I don't recommend wd-40 as a lubricant. It evaporates to readily. It makes a good solvent though. I used a silicone spray lube. However, I did not spray it on the parts directly. I sprayed it...

ibmapc Today, 10:09 AM Go to last post
    gleegum

I recently got a model 25 and this comes very...

I recently got a model 25 and this comes very handy! Thanks!

gleegum Today, 10:05 AM Go to last post