Image Map Image Map

Favorite OS(s)?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. linuxlove
    linuxlove
    well what are your favorite operating systems/gui's?
    mine:

windows 1.01
    windows 3.x
    windows 95
    windows 98
    windows 2000
    windows XP
    microsoft bob

any Mac OS

ubuntu
    suse
    fedora

DOS
    CP/M-86
  2. TandyMan100
    TandyMan100
    Bob? BOB?!?!? Are you KIDDING ME? I like win3.1, Ubuntu, Knoppix, Windows 98, Windows XP, Mac OS.
  3. linuxlove
    linuxlove
    no, i'm not kidding you, really do LOVE the microsoft bob program
  4. TandyMan100
    TandyMan100
    I'm gonna be sick... :barf:
  5. CP/M User
    CP/M User
    CP/M obviously comes to mind as far as Command Line driven Operating Systems followed by DR-DOS since it's a true adaption of how CP/M evolved into a proper OS and not the hack that Microsoft obtained and made into MS-DOS. Personally I prefer CP/M v2.2 (or CP/M-86 v1.1 which is the 16bit equivalent of v2.2), CP/M Plus or CP/M v3.1 is good and there are things in it which make it somewhat friendlier to use, though to program for it is a pain, it requires a 128Kb Computer I believe (well on an Amstrad CPC it does) which is part of the reason why it's a pain to write programs for it - one has to do more memory management when utilising the memory! CP/M v2.2 is more mainstream on the CPCs and will run on the other 2 64k machines - which makes writing programs for better.
  6. CP/M User
    CP/M User
    GUI based my choice is OS/2 Warp v3. Though the Operating System itself isn't really fully GUI based - guess it's got that Unix style about it where it's got a Command driven line which my feeling is this was how it began and a Workplace shell (the GUI side) came in later, not sure if it came in during v1.x of OS/2 or not, but it was certainally there in v2.x of OS/2 which also allowed support Windows 3.0. I was disappointed when the Hard Disk blew on this though!
  7. Caluser2000
    Caluser2000
    Dos-any, Dos/Geos combo, Dos/wfw3.11/Calmira combo. OS/2v3 as is (like the cartoonish feel), OS/2v4 with the XWorkplace shell, Win9x-any, any NT based windows with the classic look, Linux(any distro, basicly the same underneath the hood) using Window Maker.
  8. CP/M User
    CP/M User
    Because early Windows isn't really an Operating System (and that could probably be said for Win95 & 9, it's rival GEM kicks it's butt anyday (even after the Apple Lawsuit crippled it)! For one thing early (and I mean early) Windows stuggled running on an XT!
  9. DOS lives on!!
    DOS lives on!!
    My favorites are Windows Chicago, Windows 1.01, WFW 3.11, Windows 9x, and Microsoft Bob (of all things).
  10. tingo
    tingo
    Vintage:
    SINTRAN III
    Modern:
    FreeBSD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast