Image Map Image Map

Kaypro and the Internet

1. tdcrew84
    tdcrew84
    I have an original Kaypro II with a clock doubler that lets it run at 4 + megahertz and a project fan that I installed to keep it cool (back in the day). I also have a later model II and all software and boot disk. Finally I have a Kaypro 4/84, with all the disks.

I have had all of this sitting around for a while. The oldest one I bought in Houston in 1982 when they were first released. It has to be one of the original ones.

Now that I am retired and getting back into the Kaypros, I have a question. Has anyone out there hooked one of these up to the internet, other than dial up and is it possible.

I read a long while back where someone had hooked one up to their Windows machine and accessed the internet through the serial port.

Anybody have any leads on this? I am looking for a project.

Thanks,
  2. tdcrew84
    tdcrew84
    I have an original Kaypro II with a clock doubler that lets it run at 4 + megahertz and a project fan that I installed to keep it cool (back in the day). I also have a later model II and all software and boot disk. Finally I have a Kaypro 4/84, with all the disks.

I have had all of this sitting around for a while. The oldest one I bought in Houston in 1982 when they were first released. It has to be one of the original ones.

Now that I am retired and getting back into the Kaypros, I have a question. Has anyone out there hooked one of these up to the internet, other than dial up and is it possible.

I read a long while back where someone had hooked one up to their Windows machine and accessed the internet through the serial port.

Anybody have any leads on this? I am looking for a project.

Thanks,
  3. tdcrew84
    tdcrew84
    Sorry to have posted two messages. The last on is has the correct date.
  4. EkriirkE
    EkriirkE
    Its possible in a terminal fashion, using a WiFi232 module