Image Map Image Map

Favorite OS(s)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. DOS lives on!!
    DOS lives on!!
    I'll add Compaq DOS 3.31. No more 32mb partition limits!
  2. Windows2000
    Windows2000
    The Windows Chicago Betas were very wacky but some of them were intuitive and it showed how much effort Microsoft was putting into moving from what was the Windows 3.1 GUI. Windows Whistler and Windows Longhorn betas also had some pretty interesting designs too.

I might take a look at Copland and leaked releases of some Mac OS betas for the same reason.
  3. Echoes
    Echoes
    Most "kinda modern" Unices (Sys-III and Sys-V based). Mostly Xenix, but I'm eager to find a machine to run A/UX. MacOS comes next, I guess.

I'm using OS X 99% of the times, so I love to discover how things didn't actually change much. I feel this a bit less in the DOS/WIN world, so that's why I prefer Unix.
  4. Capt. 2110
    Capt. 2110
    Mine are:
    Mac OS 7
    Mac OS 8
    Mac OS 9
    Windows 7
    MS-DOS
    Free DOS
    Commodore 64 BASIC 2.0
    Windows Phone 8.1
    MS-DOS Mobile 1.0(it's funny)
    TI's Calculator BASIC(especially in the TI-84 Plus CE)
    The hack of MS-DOS 2.0 I'll get around to doing one day that will let it run on new hardware(like my Eee PC 1005HA-VU1X-WT)
  5. LS120
    LS120
    i have a few old z80 systems. Spectravideo, 738 msx, kaypro 2/84, kaypro 10, Osborn, Compaq luggable, Bondwell-14 and a Bondwell-16 that has a HDD boot error that i cant seem to work out how to fix.. i have a 12/14 cpm-3.02 set if disks but they dont read the HDD but i i try boot the 16 say's error cpm3.sys not found...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12