Image Map Image Map
  • Category Widget (bottom-up)

• vwestlife

There is no available content written by vwestlife
  • Recent Article Comments Widget

• Recent Blog Posts

1944GPW

IBM System/360 and System/370 console button replica inserts

In case you need some stopgap inserts in a /360 or /370 console, until you find the originals (which I have found is very difficult). They pass the 'Six foot Rule' test ie. they look good from 6...

December 9th, 2017 11:19 PM
    1944GPW

PTAP2DXF - make paper tapes without a punch

If you have a paper tape reader and no punch, you can now make real working paper tapes using a normal home stencil-cutting machine. I've written a small command line utility that can take a .PTAP...

December 1st, 2017 06:04 AM
  • Recent Forum Posts

liqmat

So one cool thing about the ITT Xtra XP 80286...

So one cool thing about the ITT Xtra XP 80286 system is the keyboard code to slow it down to an XT class machine is CTRL-ALT-\ as I mentioned before. There is another very cool feature on this system...

liqmat Today, 06:17 PM Go to last post
    SpidersWeb

Some drives are probably dead. But some common...

Some drives are probably dead.

But some common booboos that can lead to obscure messages can be:

- oxidised connectors (fixed by a clean/rub is isopropyl or contact cleaner)
    - cables with...

SpidersWeb Today, 06:14 PM Go to last post
    xjas

Motorola VME stuff

Just seeing if there's any interest in this before I harvest it for parts. Looks like there's most of the pieces to get a complete machine going, but not sure. Don't know what it came from. The PSU...

xjas Today, 05:52 PM Go to last post
    xjas

Make me an offer on this, it really needs to be...

Make me an offer on this, it really needs to be out of my space. "Free, but I'll cover shipping" counts as an offer, but bear in mind it takes a bunch of my time & effort to get it packed up and...

xjas Today, 05:37 PM Go to last post
    SomeGuy

What a friendly error message. I'd suggest...

What a friendly error message.

I'd suggest trying SpeedStor instead of the BIOS formatter: http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/software/speedstor.htm

First, make sure it works ok with a known good...

SomeGuy Today, 05:34 PM Go to last post