Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! PCPI APPLICARD missing chip!

Default Help! PCPI APPLICARD missing chip!

Hello, everyone!
    Can anybody tell me the specification of the missing chip from the following picture. The socket where the chip must be is circled in red. I thin the chip is 74LS192 but I'm not sure.
    Here's the picture: http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...IAPPLICARD.jpg

Thanks guys!

If I knew what the chip was, I might have one. Most of my inventory dates to around the same time that card was made or earlier.

I even have MOS chips, some early Intel, HP, etc.

Hi,
    I may have a the card also. But where IT will take a while before I come across it. But when I do I will let you know.

Take Care

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I have one too. I believe T sent one to me and I'll try and dig mine up as well.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.

Sorry, the card I was thinking of turns out to be an Abacus Know Drive (whatever the hell THAT is. Anyone know?) and not the card you have. They have a similar shape though

Hi,

I just bought one of these card from ebay (Australia). It arrived today so I have it right in front of me. The chip you are after is 74LS393N. The only other markings on the chip are SR and V8343 which I assume are to do with the manufacturer. I have a version 3 of the appli-card which looks that same as yours. ie marked PCPI 001-0001-03 on the back.

Cheers.

Hi,

Just had another look at the chip and the manufacturer markings could be "SA" and not "SR" as in my previous post.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazi View Post
    Hi,

I just bought one of these card from ebay (Australia). It arrived today so I have it right in front of me. The chip you are after is 74LS393N. The only other markings on the chip are SR and V8343 which I assume are to do with the manufacturer. I have a version 3 of the appli-card which looks that same as yours. ie marked PCPI 001-0001-03 on the back.

Cheers.
    Thats a Signetics chip.

I don't think the manufacturer really matters unless you're going to frame it and look at it. Any old LS393 will work in it (if the card is functional at all).

Just an FYI. The V8343 is a date code, the IC was manufactured week 43 in 1983.

Mike