Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tano Dragon 64

That is the same company I got some of my Tano's from as well. I also got that Digital Research CP/M that they're selling way back when.

It's a shame there's not more interest in these systems. I know I'm not the typical collector (everything videogames and computers), but it's quite rare to get new old stock computers from this era.
    =============================
    Bill Loguidice, Author
    Managing Director, Armchair Arcade
    About Me

Hi!,

Although I'm already lurking the forum since a couple of months ago this is my first message; so, given the date, first of all I want to wish you all a happy new year!

I want to start the year in a "retro mood" and I'm thinking in buying a Tano Dragon from California Digital; but after reading the info about the CoCo FDC I'm even more interested as I've a spare CoCo FDC that would be great to adapt to the Tano.

Where can I find the SuperDOS ROM that Sharkonwheel did mention to burn an EPROM?. Is it copyrighted and can't be uploaded anywhere?.

Do you still have Dragon64 for sale?, BR Guy

It's still listed on California Digital's web site, for $45 each:

http://www.cadigital.com/computer.htm

This was also their most recent eBay listing for them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160374725804

Pretty unbelievable that they do have them still. I guess it's all the same deal, boxed units. Was a great deal then and still is. I bought two from them last time they were posting here and they were great, beautiful condition.
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800

I would love to get one of those. Presumably I would have to handle that it's a US version (110V and all that), but that's not much of a problem. I did work with a borrowed Dragon 32 back in the day and it would be nice to have one again.
    But I think I saw somewhere that shipping to here would be at least $90.. so it doesn't look feasible. Anyway there's no 'Buy' link on their web page.

-Tor

Toss them a note from the auction if you want. I'm sure they'd quote the shipping for you. Not sure the going rate of the systems. They're about the only folks I ever come across selling (for CHEAP IMHO) especially for NIB. Really even with $90 shipping you'd be spending $135 for a new and boxed unit. Assuming it's just 90 for shipping.
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800

Here's a British video review of the Dragon 32/64:

The warning about its lack of complete CoCo compatibility is discouraging, although at only $45 "new in box", it's definitely still worth picking up as a collector's item.

I got my Tano Dragon from California Digital. They are slow to respond to e-mails and slow to ship, but if you have patience they will follow through. The box is in near-mint condition and everything inside looks new and untouched. It works fine and comes with a cassette cable and some programs and games on a tape (a claimed "$149.95 value!"), so if you have any regular cassette recorder you'll be ready to try it out.

The video output is a 5-pin DIN but it does not follow the Atari/Commodore/TI pinout; however, you can use an Atari 800/XL/XE luma-only (monochrome) or luma/choma cable. The Dragon uses the same pins for color composite video and audio as the Atari uses for audio and luma, respectively, so they are reversed; the luma plug becomes the audio output and the audio plug becomes the video output.