Image Map Image Map

Thread: Anybody have Kaypro 2 MITE program?

Default Anybody have Kaypro 2 MITE program?

I'm using an old 9600 baud modem with my KP-2/84 and MODEM7 and found the screen delay problem a hindrance @ 9600 baud. 1200 seems to work OK, though. I've heard MITE uses interrupts to help the situation. Is there a copy archived somewhere? It was made by Mycroft Labs.

-J

Quote Originally Posted by johnx993 View Post
    I'm using an old 9600 baud modem with my KP-2/84 and MODEM7 and found the screen delay problem a hindrance @ 9600 baud. 1200 seems to work OK, though. I've heard MITE uses interrupts to help the situation. Is there a copy archived somewhere? It was made by Mycroft Labs.

-J
    Got access to a PC with DOS and a 5.25" 360kb FDD that can write images with IMD or TeleDisk to floppy?
    Same setup, but using 22Disk, Gene Buckle has the 2x distribution HERE,
    but it's the files, not a disk image. Using 22Disk, you can copy the files to a 5.25 fdd and use them.
    a 2x is a DS/DD machine, so ya might have to juggle a little, but I doubt it. Mite isn;t that large, I think.

Should be VERY similar mainboards, if not identical, so it should be OK.

T
    Last edited by Sharkonwheels; November 3rd, 2008 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks Shark!

MODEM7 works fine for file transfers - I can send stuff to/from the PC @ 9600 using Xmodem with no problem. It's the screen writes (like reading stuff when you're on a BBS) that kill you.

-John