Image Map Image Map

Thread: Your Challenge (and info for me if possible)

Smile Your Challenge (and info for me if possible)

Ok Folks i have a challenge for you.

I have 2 circuit boards made by HP, both obviously made to work together via a bus board. One is a processor board with 4k of static ram (2 x 6116 chips) and 16k (4 x 2732 eproms). It is marked as 03779-61026, also 2132-14 Rev A. The processor onboard is an 1AE8-6001, which means nothing to me, and i can find nothing about it (instruction set would be very helpful !).
    The second board is a 2k core memory board, with it's associated driver circuitry marked 03779-60025, also 2145-14 Rev C.
    Everything seems to run from +5 and +/- 12v.
    With everything powered up and connected via my homebrew bus board i can set a series if dip switches (marked as 'Self Test') and a series of leds, marked DCBA go through a sequence of flashes. Also has led's marked Mem, IO, and Run, all of which do stuff.
    Any help would be much appreciated. I will post pictures at a slightly later date.

Cheers,
    Alan.

Default More info and Pictures!

Alan,

I'm interested in what the system does, as I have some core memory that I want to get working. Can you post some pictures of the boards and 'system'? Any markings or other information would help.

Does it look like it was built as a 'demo board' like the Kim-1, or was does it look like it was removed from something that had a specific purpose? Can you pull and dump the ROMS? That would be useful...

That really is an odd combination: ROMS, Static ram, and Core?

-Crawford

Smile

Hi Crawford,

The boards look like they come from an early minicomputer (maybe), but i can find no reference to them anywhere. The CPU is also a mystery to me as i can find no reference to it either.
    The combination of rom, static ram and core memory is also a bit odd. I suppose you could retain programs in core and run them in ram (the static ram does not seem to be battery backed up so would be lost on power down), and i assume that there is a system/monitor program/s in rom .
    I will try to post a couple of pictures when possible.
    If you have an interest in core memory, have you seen my posts on the GEC 4070 minicomputer that i am presently trying to resurrect and get going? That has some fabulous A4 sized Core memory boards that store 32k each.
    Thanks for the interest,
    Alan.