Image Map Image Map

Thread: Sierra Xmas program

Default Sierra Xmas program

While digging the Xmas tree and decorations out, I rember the old Sierra Xmas program we ran in the computer lab back in high school. That was a instant hit in school as we put the EGA monitor in the window so all can enjoy!
    Does anybody else have a story about this classic?

There are about three or four versions of the Sierra X-Mas program.

The first version uses the AGI engine with 160x200 in 16 colors and supported the PC Speaker and Tandy/PCjr. Sound Generator. This was released for 1988.

The second version used the SCI0 engine with 320x200 in 16 colors and support for Adlib, Roland and IBM Music Feature sound devices. This was also released in 1988 and is an enhanced version of the above.

The third version used the SCI1 engine and was released in separate 16 color and 256 color versions, but supporting a 320x200 resolution. Sound Blaster and other sound devices were supported. This program was titled "The Seasonal Professional" and was released in 1990.

The fourth version used the SCI1.1 engine and only came with 256-color graphics. General midi devices were supported. This version was released in 1992.

I have the AGI version. I'm setting up the old 1000TL for the kids to marvel at it. Have to look for the other versions I did not know about. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ec1564 View Post
    I have the AGI version. I'm setting up the old 1000TL for the kids to marvel at it. Have to look for the other versions I did not know about. Thanks
    In the spirit of the season, I give you all Sierra's XMAS demo files:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dwtozxmcdhe/Sierra Xmas Demos.zip

Blog Entries

Much appreciated!