Image Map Image Map

Thread: My Collection Of IBM Stuff

Default My Collection Of IBM Stuff

Just thought I would take a few mins and show off what I have collected in two years of collecting IBM Computers.

http://www.ibm5150pc.com/collection/mystuff.html

Sorry it's to many photo's to post in the fourm!

Nice machines Eric,

It was interesting to see the clear glass (?) IBM printer stand containing the fanfold paper. I've never seen one of those before.

Tez
    ------------------------------------------------
    My vintage collection: https://classic-computers.org.nz/collection/
    My vintage activities blog: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/
    Twitter: @classiccomputNZ ; YouTube Videos: (click here)

You guys!! Look at all that SUPER WELL ORGANIZED, CLEAN stuff! So anal! I would post some pics of my "collection" but would be too embarrassing to put something like that out in public. I finally got the 2 5160 systems from that AJ Storm guy yesterday. Now, my poor front porch has a Kaypro II, a Kaypro 4, a Kaypro 1, and 2 5160s sitting out there in the sunshine. The Kaypro II motherboard had some issues, as did the B drive on the 4 so I took the 4 motherboard and stuck it in the II. I have some strange thing going on with DD disks now, won't boot on my frankenstein Kaypro 3 (4 - II = 3). It's a COLD wind on the porch so waiting for the sun to get higher first.

Very nice Definitely like the clean setup. I'm with Chuck on the could show pictures but would be too embarrassed. The only one I could show is my first computer which is still on the desk we had it on and that one is clean still and never goes to the garage. I absolutely WILL put my main computer in the garage before that one.. then everyone gets to enjoy the summer garage temps and the computer can chill in the house.

Nice stuff.

I only got 2 XT's, a 486, some older gaming devices, and a pile of: ISA cards, memory ICs/cards, flat-cables (65%= 40-lined, 35%=36-lined), computer-related books and lots of software.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcmagee View Post
    You guys!! Look at all that SUPER WELL ORGANIZED, CLEAN stuff! So anal! I would post some pics of my "collection" but would be too embarrassing to put something like that out in public. I finally got the 2 5160 systems from that AJ Storm guy yesterday. Now, my poor front porch has a Kaypro II, a Kaypro 4, a Kaypro 1, and 2 5160s sitting out there in the sunshine. The Kaypro II motherboard had some issues, as did the B drive on the 4 so I took the 4 motherboard and stuck it in the II. I have some strange thing going on with DD disks now, won't boot on my frankenstein Kaypro 3 (4 - II = 3). It's a COLD wind on the porch so waiting for the sun to get higher first.
    It's obvious Chuck that you have to build at least a "lean-to". Trailers were never designed for people like us. :^) Or apartment dwellers for that matter. Isn't there any old adobe rancheros for sale cheaply out there in the desert ? I can sit back smugly with my 2-story house in this winter wonderland that I bought for peanuts, but at times even this is cramped.
    My heating bll here is the greatest problem. :^((

Back on thread, A very nice, well organized collection. I especially envy all those Binders full of IBM stuff. I'd like at some point organizing my IBM and PS/2 stuff as well. Perhaps I should just say organising my stuff, altho at one point, after just moving up here I had thought I had stored things in a fairly rational well-organized form. 8 years later it all looks like a junk shop, and I have problems finding things and forgetting what cabinet has what.
    My collection wasn't really for display tho at this time so I do forgive myself somewhat. And of course my collection is more diverse so I have to mix platforms in this for me, immense storage space I now live in.

Lawrence
    Last edited by Micom 2000; March 6th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
    Economics isn't a real science. It's an evil art designed for the rich.

Yes, I have some chested drawers. I thought "What a great place to store vintage computer stuff!" Well, it is not so great if you don't take a Brother P-Touch or something like that and ID the drawers. Now, I have to use the sequential search tech., one drawer, then the next, ad nauseum. So, drawers are SUPER if you want to totally forget that you even own one of those. I opened a drawer last week, bunch of S-100 boards I didn't even remember buying, like Xmas almost.

Blog Entries

Default My challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcmagee View Post
    I would post some pics of my "collection" but would be too embarrassing to put something like that out in public.
    I'll show you mine if you'll show us yours, chuckiebaby! Trust me, you won't have anything to be embarrassed about after I display my junk heap.

--T
    Teach your children how to think, not what, and hold 'em close, not tight.

Please visit the Vintage-Computer Wiki. Contributers welcome.

Default storage

chuckcmagee said..."What a great place to store vintage computer stuff!"
    I don't know what you all are whining about. When I moved up here, I was a bit under the weather, so most of my boxes are labeled either 'Vintage PC's' , 'Vintage PC stuff' , or 'PC stuff'
    They are different sizes, like I know where my Model II & Model IV are, but other than that...
    patscc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frozenfire75i View Post
    Just thought I would take a few mins and show off what I have collected in two years of collecting IBM Computers.
    That is just beautiful. With two kids in the house, I don't have a spare room for my collection other than the computing corner I do all my work in... hopefully I can assemble and display my stuff.

BTW, I didn't notice a PCjr -- where's the PCjr love at??