Image Map Image Map

Thread: making Pascal on John's Z-80 and Drive Controller, is it possible ??

Default making Pascal on John's Z-80 and Drive Controller, is it possible ??

Hi All;

What I want to do is using John's Z-80 Board and His Disk Controller Board, make an Equivalent North Star type of System, That I can Run North Star Basic and use that to Compile Pascal, like what Kim-Man Chung and Herbert Yuen did in Byte Magazine Sept., Oct., and Nov., 1978..

Would Someone either talk some Sense into me or Encourage me to Continue ??

THANK YOU Marty

Blog Entries

Would it make more sense to simply get CP/M running and use Frank Borland's Pascal?

Tiny Pascal (of which you speak) was interesting for the time, but there are better alternatives.

Hi All;

Chuck, Which Version would You suggest, I think I still have the disks for Version 7, but (I think) that it runs under Microsoft DOS, and Not the 8080..

I could be Wrong though..

THANK YOU Marty

Blog Entries

There's an x80 CP/M version: See here for details.

In 1978, Pascal was still pretty raw. FWIW, I have the source for Wirth's ETH version 2 from 1976 running on CDC Cyber 7x. (I contributed it to an online archive).

Hi All;

Chuck, I found it at Winworld, and downloaded it for now..

I have what is available online of P1 thru P5 somewhere and have printed P5 up as well..

Thank You for the Information, Hopefully, this will Help someone else, as well..

There is a guy who has Diss-assembled Turbo-Pascal, but, He wants alot of money for His Source.. Here -- http://turbopascal.org/turbo-pascal-download ..

Some years ago, when it was cheaper I got it from Him, and I have what I got from Him (Hopefully) somewhere..

THANK YOU Marty