Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Atari computer do you own

Question What Atari computer do you own

What Atari computers do you own (not consoles) and which is your favorite and why?

My collection:-
    Atari 400 x 3pcs 1 MIB
    Atari 400 (48k Ver) MIB
    Atari 800 x 2pcs
    Atari 600XL MIB
    Atari 800XL x 5pcs 2 MIB
    Atari 65XE x 5pcs 3 MIB
    Atari XE GS x 3pcs 1 MB
    Atari Portfolio
    Atari 1050 x 2pcs 1 BNIB
    Atari 1010 x 5pcs 1 MIB
    Atari CX12 x 5pcs 3 MIB
    Atari 520STFM x 2pcs 1 x MIB

My favorite has to be the original Atari 800 (circa 1980) with the Atari 400 coming a very close second.

It just looks so "retro" and for such an early computer, its capabilities were just amazing. The build quality is fantastic and it really feels like I’m using a piece of working history…
    Last edited by Olds-kool gamer; April 10th, 2009 at 01:48 AM.
    "Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her the house"

I only got a boxed 800XL and a loose 130XE. Dunno which one I prefer over the other. The 130XE has more memory but a less tactile keyboard, cartridges in the rear instead of a top-loading one, and a slightly different geometry. The last part may be important when it comes to storing computers in drawers: one drawer may have the exact right dimensions to fit one machine but impossible to fit another one.

Since the 800XL is boxed (away), I suppose it means my favorite is the 130XE since it is the only one I have readily available.
    Anders Carlsson

I have both the Atari 400 and 800, both brand new, not mint, but as close.

Never been used, so they look very nice
    GEEKS WITH A GRUDGE!

Blog Entries

I have a bunch of Commodore but only one Atari (1040stf). C64 stuff is on freecycle but I have yet to see anything Atari related.

Edit: I did get a 65XE a few weeks back, waiting on some parts to fix it (dead ram and who knows what else)
    Last edited by Unknown_K; May 3rd, 2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added another Atari to the collection
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by carlsson View Post
    I only got a boxed 800XL and a loose 130XE. Dunno which one I prefer over the other. The 130XE has more memory but a less tactile keyboard, cartridges in the rear instead of a top-loading one, and a slightly different geometry. The last part may be important when it comes to storing computers in drawers: one drawer may have the exact right dimensions to fit one machine but impossible to fit another one.

Since the 800XL is boxed (away), I suppose it means my favorite is the 130XE since it is the only one I have readily available.
    I like the 130XE’s but I’m finding it very difficult to get hold of.
    "Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her the house"

Default Atari gears

A couple of Mega STs and Mega STEs, a MegaFile 20, a 1040ST, and PS3000 (the oddball with floppy drive) Interestingly, no cable for the MegaFile

1x Atari 1040STF
    1x Atari Falcon

Olds-kool, I'll try to keep you in mind next time I spot something like this:
    http://www.tradera.com/Atari-130XE-auktion_86195420

FYI, 100 SEK = £8.50 + postage, although this Atari was sold without power supply so untested. It was probably a minor bargain, but generally loose Ataris don't go higher in Sweden despite being rather uncommon to spot. If it had been a loose C64C or even better C128, bids would have been at least 50-100% higher.
    Anders Carlsson

Quote Originally Posted by carlsson View Post
    Olds-kool, I'll try to keep you in mind next time I spot something like this:
    http://www.tradera.com/Atari-130XE-auktion_86195420

FYI, 100 SEK = £8.50 + postage, although this Atari was sold without power supply so untested. It was probably a minor bargain, but generally loose Ataris don't go higher in Sweden despite being rather uncommon to spot. If it had been a loose C64C or even better C128, bids would have been at least 50-100% higher.
    Hi carlsson,

Thanks for that.
    That’s still a lot cheaper than they would go for here in the UK with or without a Power Supply.

I have some spare PSU’s so that wouldn’t be a problem.

What I’m unsure about is here in the UK we use PAL I so I know the video will be OK but I'm unsure about the sound. If anyone can shed any light on this I’d appreciate it.
    Last edited by Olds-kool gamer; April 6th, 2009 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigaz View Post
    1x Atari 1040STF
    1x Atari Falcon
    Re: Atari Falcon…
    You have now made me officially jealous.

Of all the computers on my wish list that one is right up there…

They come up "very rarely" here in the UK and when they do the prices are very, very high.