Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: What Atari computer do you own

Quote Originally Posted by PacMan View Post
    This is turning in to a Swedish thread =)

Atari XE GS (With gun and the hole shebang)

I try to collect 8-bit stuff only.
    Yes, we swedes seems to collect a lot! I too try to limit myself to 8-bitters, but every now and then a newer machine makes it into my collection. Everybody should have at least three 16-bit machines: Amiga 500, Atari 1040 ST and Sinclair QL (if this counts as a 16-bit machine )

And, I really want an Atari XE GS!!!
    My computer and video games collection site: http://www.zeela.se

i own 2x Atari 520 and 1x Atari 1040 and if it counts an Atari 2600.

Heh. Out of those three you mention, currently I only own a QL (Zeela's old one IIRC) and I am considering selling it. There was a buyer here on the forum but I have neglected to send any pics to him. :-/

I try to get as many different machines as possible. If two computers pretty much can run the same games, ideally I would only obtain one of them although I must admit I have duplets of several similar computers. The more I think about it, I believe I only own six systems of which I only have one working unit each: Amiga 1200, ZX Spectrum, Sinclair QL, COMX 35, Intellivision and TRS-80 CoCo.
    Anders Carlsson

I have two 800's and a TT030

Also have a Indus GT floppy drive which I always wanted as a kid but, could never talk the parents into. I just like watching the track readout go while it reads the disks. Totally pointless but, very cool. I even got the carry case and applications with it.

Its funny I really wanted a 800 as it was the first computer in my home as a kid. When I got it I played with it for an hour or so and haven't really messed with it since. Maybe someday I'll find a reason to set it up again. Bit of a waste sitting there in a closet.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by leaknoil View Post
    I have two 800's and a TT030

Also have a Indus GT floppy drive which I always wanted as a kid but, could never talk the parents into. I just like watching the track readout go while it reads the disks. Totally pointless but, very cool. I even got the carry case and applications with it.

Its funny I really wanted a 800 as it was the first computer in my home as a kid. When I got it I played with it for an hour or so and haven't really messed with it since. Maybe someday I'll find a reason to set it up again. Bit of a waste sitting there in a closet.
    Do what the rest of us nuts do, set it up on a table, and stare at it with love in your eyes... hehehehehehehe

I own an Atari 800, waiting to get a floppy drive for it.
    GEEKS WITH A GRUDGE!

I only have an Atari 2600..

Quote Originally Posted by gerrydoire View Post
    Do what the rest of us nuts do, set it up on a table, and stare at it with love in your eyes... hehehehehehehe

I own an Atari 800, waiting to get a floppy drive for it.
    I only have so many tables and way too many computers. Tables are way more rare then computers in my house. In fact I've taken to using computers as tables.

I am sitting next to a Sun Enterprise 150 with a Sun v480 on top of it. Which makes a great surface for the SGI O2 sitting on it that I'm installing IRIX on atm.

I have a small collection of 800XL, a 130XE, and some 520/1040STs. Nothing particularly interesting, except...

I also have an Atari TT030 which has been upgraded quite a bit. My TT has 64MB TT-RAM (on an aixTT card) and 4MB ST-RAM. I have a Galaxy VME graphics card that's currently running at 1280x1024x64k. It can be a fun machine, but I no longer have the time to mess around with it that much. I used to use it quite a bit as one of my two main desktops (the other being a PC) along with an Atari SLM804 laser printer. Now it sits on a shelf.
    Jeff Armstrong
    Still a Rainbow 100 user...

Quote Originally Posted by leaknoil View Post
    I only have so many tables and way too many computers. Tables are way more rare then computers in my house. In fact I've taken to using computers as tables.

I am sitting next to a Sun Enterprise 150 with a Sun v480 on top of it. Which makes a great surface for the SGI O2 sitting on it that I'm installing IRIX on atm.
    I'm mostly target Excellent to New Vintage Computers, which means I don't have alot of computers :+>

I recently bought a brand new Atari ST computer.
    GEEKS WITH A GRUDGE!

I was an ST fanatic for many years. Still am. I used to spend about $30 a mounth anxiously awaiting the next issues of ST Format, St Review, and Atari User, with the included disks. While I still have the copies of Format and Atari user, my copies of ST review, my favorite, disappeared in one of my moves. I do still have all the disks tho. As well as much software and hardware. While I do have an ST Mega4 now, I never acqured the 3 most desirable. The ST/Mega E, the Falcon and especially the TT . I saw one at a Toronto Atari Users Group Fair in the mid-90s and was blown away by it.

That started me on this troublesome vintage computer fetish after first expanding to the 8-bit Ataris, of which I still have a considerable number of machines, some sealed software and many books (I sold my 800 and 400 about a year ago). After that it just went out of contol, first with the "main "home computers" and then with almost any vintage computer. At one point I had to rent 2 storage spaces to accomodate the overflow from my 1 bedroom apartment.

" Damn You, Sam Tramiel " !!

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by PrintStar View Post
    I have a small collection of 800XL, a 130XE, and some 520/1040STs. Nothing particularly interesting, except...

I also have an Atari TT030 which has been upgraded quite a bit. My TT has 64MB TT-RAM (on an aixTT card) and 4MB ST-RAM. I have a Galaxy VME graphics card that's currently running at 1280x1024x64k. It can be a fun machine, but I no longer have the time to mess around with it that much. I used to use it quite a bit as one of my two main desktops (the other being a PC) along with an Atari SLM804 laser printer. Now it sits on a shelf.
    Last edited by Micom 2000; May 6th, 2009 at 04:25 AM.
    Economics isn't a real science. It's an evil art designed for the rich.