Image Map Image Map

Thread: sanyo mbc-1250

Default sanyo mbc-1250

How much would a working sanyo mbc-1250 be worth.

Blog Entries

That is impossible to answer with any degree of accuracy.

The Sanyo, while a very nice system, is late in the 8-bit CP/M era, so doesn't have the cachet of, say, an IMSAI 8080 or Tandy TRS-80. The most notable thing about it is that it's the last CP/M system that Sanyo marketed before moving on to the MBC-550 8088-based system. I may still have the manual for the thing sitting on my bookshelf.

On the other hand, if you could find someone with an application that requires the 1250 to run (possible, with the graphics), they might be motivated to pay a decent price. But many might balk at free if it mean the cost of shipping.

In short, it depends on your customer. Maybe nothing, maybe enough to buy a nice meal for two at a good restaurant. The rule for these things in my experience generally is "less than you think".

Sorry not to be more helpful.
    Last edited by Chuck(G); May 9th, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

I dont plan on getting rich on selling this. I more wanted to know if it was worth trying to sell as a complete unit as to parting it out and selling it peace by Peace I got this at a yard sale for 5 dollars so it will be hard to lose money on it in any case.

Blog Entries

Piece by piece won't get you much--you've got some DRAMs and a few LSI chips (most of which are still plentiful) and 96 tpi disk drives (not a huge demand for those, since most 1.2MB PC drives will do the same thing).

I say keep it intact. Did you get any software for it? That might be an incentive.

Post an advertisement in the "Marketplace" section and see if there's any interest. Be sure to include your location--bulky heavy things are more attractive if shipping costs can be minimized.

word star was the only program that i got with it. i fired it up today and played with it for a little bit was fun to use dos again been a long time .

Blog Entries

A shame, because the 1250 has some very nice graphics capabilities (640x400 monochrome). It would be nice to have some software that took advantage of that.