Image Map Image Map
Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Powertran Cortex

Default Cortex Forth

Thanks for the replies.

tms 9995,
    Unfortunately I don't have access to an Eprom programmer and would need some help to get a new ROM copy.
    I followed Nige the hippy's advice and included my location on this reply

Nige the hippy,
    If I manage to get hold of a replacement 2564 or a 2764 (if you could supply me with the details of the 2764 adaptor), would I be able to post all the eproms to you so you could make a copy of the figForth Eproms and maybe re-load the original Cortex rom for me - If it's not too much of a hassle.

Ksarul,
    Thanks for the ebay link for the 2564's, I'll take a look.

I should be able to scan the Forth User manual myself and e-mail the info.
    I notice that the Cortex Forth documentation and Eproms were supplied by Lombard Systems of 18 Lombard Street, Lidlington, Bedford.
    At the back of the manual, it states that the glossary supplied, has been taken from public domain publications.
    I'm not sure if there are any copyright issues for a user manual dating back to the 1980's or how we would trace them if it was an issue.

Once again, thanks for all the info and advice.

No problem in programming up the 2564s
    Can't supply you with details on a 2564-2764 adapter at present, that'll take a bit of work, but should be just a few mod-wires on a socket.
    "Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone" (BANG )

To save all the hassle and extra work for you, I'll order 3 of the 2564's using Ksarul's ebay link and then get in touch again when they arrive.
    Thanks for the speedy response and your offer of help.

Default Cortex Forth

At ...

<http://www.forth.org/fig-forth/contents.html>

... there's the source code for a FIG-Forth implementation for the TMS 9900. The Cortex Forth might possibly be a copy of this, with the Cortex-specific keyboard input / screen output routines. There is loads of Forth documentation elsewhere on that site.

Stuart.

Thanks for the figFORTH link, Stuart!

AndyP, if you can get the manual scanned, I can put it up with the other documents on WHTech. If we ever get questions about documents posted there, we remove them immediately. Most of the companies involved are so long-gone that there is no trace of them anymore--but we always respect their wishes when made known.

I'm just glad there is so much still out there for the Cortex!

Here are some great prices on 9995s, 9901s, and 9902s, for those needing spare parts for your Cortex!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130339760339

I found these on Fleabay this morning. . .

Excellent find! I looked last week when you found the 2564's and it was something like $95 each! I just ordered 3...

He seems to have quite a few of them, as he posted more of them this week.

someone's selling another!

ebay uk item number 320440875280

is that 13 now?
    "Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone" (BANG )

Looks in good condition but doesn't appear to have the disk chips or RGB/V9938. Probably cost a fortune to ship to the US too