Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Powertran Cortex

If you want, I can host the manual on my vintage computing archive.

By all means pop a copy on the above site, but Bitsavers is THE place. The more places the merrier, and there are sick looneys out there who like hacking/wrecking archives.
    It's quite a bit of work doing the scanning etc, I was trying to get a sheet feeding scanner sorted, but they seem to go at a premium on ebay. I have heaved a sigh of relief that the 3-foot-thick pile of dec & cdc manuals I have are already in the public domain.
    Thanks to the comments so far I feel confident enough to check out the psu and then hit the on switch without fitting the memory mapper. however as usual, my weekend evaporated!
    "Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone" (BANG )

Both sites sound good. Bitsavers seems more appropriate, but looking at their general requirements, it seems they cater for true mini/mainframe computers rather than a home micro with a 'mini' cpu. Thoughts before I jump through the hoops of bothering them?

The whtech site Ksarul talks about looks good too since there is a lot of TI stuff on there, but still waiting to see if it's possible to use that site. Ksarul?

In any case, first I have to build up my collection of pdf's and binaries, but need to be sure I have a good place to share it before I put the effort in!

Nige: With regards to the sheet feeder/scanner, all we have is a Brother MFC-490CW scanner/fax/printer and it cost about $99, which isn't a lot...

I've got an upload account on WHTech, so if you get the data to me, I can put it up there for you. Alternatively, you can ask the owner for one of your own--he usually grants them immediately to people he's seen in the community before, though he might ask you a few more questions since you're new to him.

Thanks Ksarul, I'll just send you the stuff. I brand new to this so wouldn't want to insult someone for an account when they don't know me from Adam! Once I get some scans etc., I'll let you know and we'll take it from there. I'll upload to others when I get it all together.

Here's a link to the CORTEX POWER BASIC Manual. I uploaded it today and created a Cortex folder for future submissions.

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/Powertran%20Cortex/

Many thanks for taking the time to scan the documentation you have TMS9995!

Wow - awesome job with the Cortex Power Basic manual. I haven't looked at that for years (mine's still in the UK) and certainly brings back some memories! I will make an effort to get the emulator tidied up and posted (not that much to do) as you can apply this manual right away!

Just found out my cheap scanner slows down considerably after you shove more that about 25 pages through it. I guess it has to cool down...

Many thanks--I ran it through an OCR program and then edited it to make sure no errors crept into the resulting document. . .

Many many thanks Ksarul, the dialect looks a little strange. I probably would run into a few unfathomable walls in the first few lines without it.
    "Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone" (BANG )

Default Hi there

Hi everyone, I was a pleasantly surprise to find this forum with such recent activity about the Cortex.

I was one of the developers of the Cortex along with Jim Gill, Neil Quarmby, Colin Hinson and Ian White so I can fill you in on a lot of the history behind the Cortex and info on both the hardware and the software.

I still have 2 of the machines up in the loft somewhere although they haven't been powered up for a few years.