Image Map Image Map
Page 48 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Powertran Cortex

The only scan I have for the TMX9909 was taken from the TMS9900 Data Design Book, Jim. That would have been an abbreviated version of the regular document.

@Dave, many thanks for being willing to pass on the Marinchip once you're done with it. I've waited for one of those forever, so knowing that an end is in sight to my quest is very refreshing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksarul View Post
    The only scan I have for the TMX9909 was taken from the TMS9900 Data Design Book, Jim. That would have been an abbreviated version of the regular document.

@Dave, many thanks for being willing to pass on the Marinchip once you're done with it. I've waited for one of those forever, so knowing that an end is in sight to my quest is very refreshing!
    Maybe that's what I have, I just didn't want Stuart spending time scanning it if we already had it, I must remember to check tonight.

I would like to buy one of your Parallel port/joystick board pcb's if you have one spare.

Jim

As soon as I've made sure I didn't miss anything in the layout I did, I'll send off to get a few made--and I'll make sure one is reserved for you, Jim.

I had to go back and check my PDF files too, because I wasn't sure on the TMX9909 datasheet either--you just beat me into making the initial observation that we had something already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hearne View Post
    Maybe that's what I have, I just didn't want Stuart spending time scanning it if we already had it, I must remember to check tonight.

I would like to buy one of your Parallel port/joystick board pcb's if you have one spare.

Jim
    B*gger - there's actually a copy on Dave H's Powertran Cortex.com site. Didn't realise we had this. I've scanned and PDF'd the copy I borrowed anyway, and it has some handwritten notes for the PP95 on one of the pages which might or might not be useful somewhen.

Stuart.

http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stut...9909_Dec82.pdf

Is this the same as you have Stuart ?

Jim

Sorry, posted before I saw your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hearne View Post
    http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stut...9909_Dec82.pdf

Is this the same as you have Stuart ?

Jim

Sorry, posted before I saw your reply.
    Yep, the same.

Stuart.

MPE Stuff - Disk Catalogue.zip

Next installment attached - catalogue of the 5.25" and 8" disks. It's in a zipped Word doc - hope people can open it OK. With the 5.25" disks, I've tried to group them into categories, then have sorted the list by category and disk label title. The 8" disks are already sorted into some sort of order so I've just done a straight list of them.

Dave H - with your knowledge of MDEX and such, do you know what, if any, of the stuff on 5.25" disk can be used with a plain Cortex with floppies? (There is a disk of Cortex games I notice!) Or does it look like pretty much of it is for the PP95 system with the extra RAM and the Winchester drive?

Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    MPE Stuff - Disk Catalogue.zip

Next installment attached - catalogue of the 5.25" and 8" disks. It's in a zipped Word doc - hope people can open it OK. With the 5.25" disks, I've tried to group them into categories, then have sorted the list by category and disk label title. The 8" disks are already sorted into some sort of order so I've just done a straight list of them.

Dave H - with your knowledge of MDEX and such, do you know what, if any, of the stuff on 5.25" disk can be used with a plain Cortex with floppies? (There is a disk of Cortex games I notice!) Or does it look like pretty much of it is for the PP95 system with the extra RAM and the Winchester drive?

Stuart.
    MDEX runs on a standard Cortex. No extended memory or mods required. The disk images on my website are the complete suite of everything that was given to the User Group when MPE no longer wanted to be involved. More than happy to provide guidance for anyone who wants to try it. There are several programming languages (compilers) and I did a "Hello World" in all of them.

The most challenging aspect was using the Cortex's 40 column display because MDEX was designed to run with a 80x24 terminal. That was my main drive to add the Maplin V9938 card, because the 80x24 mode alone made it a 'proper computer'. Even under Basic/CDOS the 80 col mode made things a lot more user-friendly.

That's a lot of disks...... Yikes!

Dave.
    Last edited by tms9995; April 24th, 2013 at 10:10 PM.

You must have been up all night typing that lot in Stuart.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Hearne; April 25th, 2013 at 01:35 AM.

Ok, so what is NOS, all I can find on the net is that is "Network Operating System" but that seems rather later than the cortex.

Thanks,

Jim