Image Map Image Map
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Powertran Cortex

TMX9909 FDC chip on Ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VINTA...-/261303093183

Date code is 84 so it's feasible it's a real one not a fake from China which have much later date codes.

Update:
    If you compare with my real one (top chip) in this picture it does look to be very close, certainly not like the fakes.
    http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcfo...0&d=1351529006

Jim

Default F18a

6 months after I bought it I've actually tried the F18A in the Cortex.
    http://codehackcreate.com/archives/30
    And it works, just needed to lift it up slightly by putting an extra turned pin socket on the bottom of it.
    It is available with longer pins but when I bought mine he only had the short version in stock.

If you use it you can remove the existing video memory and quite a few other chips for the video output if you want to save power.

Jim

I'm a bidding ...

Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hearne View Post
    TMX9909 FDC chip on Ebay
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-VINTA...-/261303093183

Date code is 84 so it's feasible it's a real one not a fake from China which have much later date codes.

Update:
    If you compare with my real one (top chip) in this picture it does look to be very close, certainly not like the fakes.
    http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcfo...0&d=1351529006

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I'm a bidding ...

Stuart.
    I was as well but somebody just outbid me

Jim

Oops! I was trying to get it so I could send it to Stuart, since I have somehow misplaced the entire TUBE of them that I have and I'd promised him one. . .so it was me that outbid you. . .it does look like an original chip too--even the 5-digit lot number is in the right general range for that date code.

Don't worry, I just stuck a reserve bid on it just incase nobody else did, I have a spare (which Stuart is welcome to borrow) so I don't need it.

Jim

So that's three of us who have supposedly bid, but only two bids showing? I assumed it was me who outbid Jim H.

S.

Someone beat me to it in the last few seconds. ;-(

Stuart.

Hi all

I am going to put my CORTEX up for grabs

I got it down from the loft and had a play with it for a while, but I really don't have the time nowadays to relearn what I have forgotten since I last used it properly.
    So my options are to either put it back in the loft, sell it on ebay or offer it to you lot.
    It is I think a mk 1 cortex with a home made disk floppy disk controller (no disk drive). I do have the M-dex disks and manual and the cortex manual, also a Phillips tv with RGB input that can go with it. It works but the video is a little unstable and it seems to need to be rebooted several times before it starts

So come on chaps (I guess you are all chaps) let's get a debate going- who needs it the most and can give it a good home?

Once we can decide who has the best case either it can be collected from Croydon (South London) or I will put it in a box for a courier to collect at your own cost.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and feel free to send me a message if you're interested.

Norvin

Hi all

I am going to put my CORTEX up for grabs

I got it down from the loft and had a play with it for a while, but I really don't have the time nowadays to relearn what I have forgotten since I last used it properly.
    So my options are to either put it back in the loft, sell it on ebay or offer it to you lot.
    It is I think a mk 1 cortex with a home made disk floppy disk controller (no disk drive). I do have the M-dex disks and manual and the cortex manual, also a Phillips tv with RGB input that can go with it. It works but the video is a little unstable and it seems to need to be rebooted several times before it starts

So come on chaps (I guess you are all chaps) let's get a debate going- who needs it the most and can give it a good home?

Once we can decide who has the best case either it can be collected from Croydon (South London) or I will put it in a box for a courier to collect at your own cost.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and feel free to send me a message if you're interested.

Norvin