Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just restored an IBM PS/1

Sorry to revive this old thread. I've also restored an old IBM PS/1 2133-W13 and I am only missing the original software since the original disk failed. Is there any chance that you have an image of the original hard-drive or the original install floppies?

In other news, there is a project called IBMulator that emulates the 2011 PS/1 systems and is able to run the original ROM included including the Quad Screen.
    Furthermore, the PCem emulator is able to run quite a lot of old systems. I'm working on adding support for the 386 based 2133 systems to it.

Regards,
    Razvan

Hi everyone,

Just like with the previous post, apologies for reviving the thread. I've restored my IBM PS/1 2133-W13 and I have now acquired the following original software kits for the PS/1 in pristine condition:
    • 93F2367 - IBM Original PS/1 Software 2.0 (US, Fall 92) - 12 High Density 3" Diskettes (1 boot + 11 recovery)
    • 93F2368 - IBM Original PS/1 Software for OS/2 2.0 (US, Fall 92 with OS/2 2.0) - 21 High Density 3" Diskettes (1 boot + 20 recovery)

I've taken the images using DD with the write lock enabled immediately after unsealing the kits. I hope to scan the labels soon enough in order to make a proper release for BetaArchive/Archive.org (if you have any suggestions, let me know).

Send me a PM and I'll send you a copy of the disk images.

Cheers,
    Razvan

Hi Razvan
    Did you end up getting the DD images uploaded somewhere? I have recently got my hands on an original PS/1 and would love to have a copy of the original install disks.
    Thanks

I would upload them to Vetusware. They are a good abandon-ware site.
    Stuck in the PS/2 80's !

That'd be awesome! Can you please let me know when it's up there? Thanks