Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mostek computer of some sort

Default Mostek computer

Hi Stevebasset,

Yours is an old post I know but the pictures you posted of your Mostek computer look extremely similar to one that is being sold on ebay (UK) at the moment (Feb 2009).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=280311248129

So I'm guessing you had no luck in getting it working then? How far did you actually get with it? Is it worth buying?

Yup. Its mine alright! It does need some work as they say. But yes, I honestly think it is worth saving. I have put it on eBay at a high price mainly for some enthusiastic to have a go and also to put off the gold miners.
    I also think that it is very, very rare. Some boards are dated 1977 and looking at Mosteks wikipedia entry it looks like the computer side did not last long.
    The system does boot to some kind of prompt but I just dont have any time to try it any further.
    Oddly digging about on the net I have found some UCSD Pascal for it BUT only if I can (somehow) write it onto the 8" disks.

Major LOL, 74 pounds!!!! Makes the Cromemco Z-2 look like a cheap aluminum soda can. My back hurts from just looking at the UK ebay listing now. I am gonna sue!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebasset View Post
    Yup. Its mine alright! It does need some work as they say. But yes, I honestly think it is worth saving. I have put it on eBay at a high price mainly for some enthusiastic to have a go and also to put off the gold miners.
    I came across this thread when it was listed around the end of last year. It's definitely an interesting piece and I've found almost no other information about it. I thought it'd be a nice project to restore and document it - even put in an offer, but I guess it was below your limit ;-)

Hello everyone,
    Okay, ten years later some random guy appears and claims he has the same computer as Stevebasset.
    And that Guy is me. (sorry for beeing a bit too dramatic) Ive recently got aware of the exact same Computer, including a monitor, keyboard and a medium amount of disks.
    After doing some troubleshooting and tinkering around we also got it back to working, it works like a charme(besides from the keyboard foam pads beeing broken, thus it only runs on a terminal emulator at the moment).
    My thread to troubleshooting the computer is here: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...stem-from-1979
    I hope you guys still have your computers, we might get them to work again with the software i have for it and especially the programms deramp5113 has for it.
    Further documentation about my Computer including floppy images, rom dumps and pictures are at https://github.com/Maggi9295/Mostek-Z80-Computer.
    Best Regards,
    Maggi