Image Map Image Map
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Thread: XTIDE Universal BIOS

Hardware failure, should be back by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by pearce_jj View Post
    Excellent! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pearce_jj View Post
    I see it's back up did you get the problems sorted, Can it be updated with new revisions now ?

Yes but only if they don't have additional files for reasons that remain unknown

I was able to update my XTIDE BIOS, but then hosed it with a bad configuration. I was trying to set the BIOS display to monochrome, and now all I get is crazy snow on boot. Since it won't boot from disk, I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

Replied on the other thread.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the XTIDE bios already split into even / odd (in BIN format?) for U17 & U37 on an IBM 5170 motherboard? I have a couple different ISA cards, and it works great in those - but I thought I would give this a try next. I'm still researching the best way to properly split the file.

Turbo Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by jasmi View Post
    Does anyone happen to have a copy of the XTIDE bios already split into even / odd (in BIN format?) for U17 & U37 on an IBM 5170 motherboard? I have a couple different ISA cards, and it works great in those - but I thought I would give this a try next. I'm still researching the best way to properly split the file.
    I posted a copy of r591 with boot menu a while back for the U17 and U37 sockets, It's configured for a 16-bit IDE controller, Give that a try if you want, See post #120, http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...estions/page12
    Are you aware of the incompatibility of the XUB and the IBM 5170 BIOS, See Modem7's site, http://minuszerodegrees.net/xtide/XT...20Problems.htm

... for U17 & U37 on an IBM 5170 motherboard?
    Welcome to these forums.

As was recently discovered ('rediscovered' is probably more accurate), any BIOS expansion ROM code (such as the XUB) for the IBM 5170's sockets U17/U37 needs to be 64 KB sized.

I'm still researching the best way to properly split the file.
    A simple Windows utility to create the odd and even components (and go the other way, a merge) is at [here].