Image Map Image Map
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: XTIDE Universal BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by clh333 View Post
    It's hard to find IDE drives in the 2 Gb range and if you do people want a premium for them.
    I've got a few extras:

1.0 GB PhD1000-00H 3" Portfolio portable HD with 3.5" IDE adapter
    1.08 GB Caviar 21000
    1.2 GB Caviar 31200
    1.6 GB Caviar 21600

All ~ $25
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

I had an 80 Gb Maxtor in one of my 5160's for a long time until i bought a bunch of 128Mb industrial CF cards, Now it has 1 internal and 1 CF card accessible from the rear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    The XT-IDE Universal Bios has a new home now, Official builds are available from the Pre-Built Binaries Download Centre and the home page is http://www.xtideuniversalbios.org/
    This is not reachable. Is this still the official home of the XUB and the location of the source and latest binaries?
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    This is not reachable. Is this still the official home of the XUB and the location of the source and latest binaries?
    A very good question, I have no idea whats happening, Currently there is no where that i know of to download the latest binaries / Sources, It all vanished a while back when the domain expired but it has been renewed i see. I did post the latest r591 binaries for someone in the Beta testing thread post #409

Yes. But I don't know why it's not reachable - that would be a question for James Pearce. Meanwhile, you can access the site by adding this to your hosts file*;
    Code:
    80.229.231.133	xtideuniversalbios.org	www.xtideuniversalbios.org
    Tomi Tilli (aitotat) has returned to the project and there's been a lot of changes recently (the latest revision is now r600) so it's quite unfortunate that the site is not (easily) accessible.

* The "hosts file" is C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows systems. On newer Windows versions you must open it as an Administrator to be able to save changes.
    Looking for a cache card for the "ICL ErgoPRO C4/66d V"

Blog Entries

IP address isn't working for me either, unfortunately.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

IP address isn't working for me either, unfortunately.
    You need to add it to the hosts file - just typing it into your browser won't work as the server is using name-based virtual hosting.
    Looking for a cache card for the "ICL ErgoPRO C4/66d V"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    You need to add it to the hosts file - just typing it into your browser won't work as the server is using name-based virtual hosting.
    Yup, I can confirm that it works with the added entry in the hosts file.

Blog Entries

James was able to fix the DNS issue on his end, so http://www.xtideuniversalbios.org/ now works correctly...

...however the main page says it was last modified two years ago, and I don't see any download links to binaries (these should be one of the first things listed at the top of the main page). The source tree is up to date, so that's good, but most people aren't going to want to (or can't) build bleeding-edge r600 from source. Can someone with authority or ownership modify the main page to more easily point to a "stable" and "bleeding edge" binary download?
    Offering a bounty for:

Here's the link to the binaries page: http://www.xtideuniversalbios.org/binaries/ (found the hard way)