Image Map Image Map
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: XTIDE Universal BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    James was able to fix the DNS issue on his end, so http://www.xtideuniversalbios.org/ now works correctly...

...however the main page says it was last modified two years ago, and I don't see any download links to binaries (these should be one of the first things listed at the top of the main page). The source tree is up to date, so that's good, but most people aren't going to want to (or can't) build bleeding-edge r600 from source. Can someone with authority or ownership modify the main page to more easily point to a "stable" and "bleeding edge" binary download?
    I agree that there should be a prominent link to the Binaries download page on the main page, The Information on the main page is out of date, It was just copied over from the old google code site, But it's still valid mostly. This has all been discussed before.

"Stable and bleeding edge" hmm, It's very dificult to please everybody, The official binaries include modules that hopefully should suit most people but as you know that's not always the case and build your own from source is needed, Currently there is a problem with the building of the r599 and 600 binaries, that's why the folders are incomplete.

I was trying to figure that out myself as well. Luckily, there's the R598 that has the whole binary package if anyone's interested: http://www.xtideuniversalbios.org/bi...versions/r598/

I'll test this out on my Packard Bell desktop and see how well it works and report back.

Double post, sorry !
    Last edited by PePe-fr; August 13th, 2018 at 09:40 AM.

is there a changelog somewhere?
    last version I compiled was r591 , surely it became even better now?

Quote Originally Posted by keropi View Post
    There are new binaries on http://xtideuniversalbios.org/binaries that are new, but, are missing the extra 1KB of code (my Packard Bell complains about the boot ROM in my network card unless I use the one that a fellow member on here produced) and might be buggy, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by keropi View Post
    The closest thing to a changelog is the commit messages included with every revision. If you want to know what's happened since r591 then read the message for r592, then click the "Next Changeset" link and read that, etc.
    Looking for a cache card for the "ICL ErgoPRO C4/66d V"

Is there a way of booting computer bios and xtide bios all together inside the machine,without using external flash from the adapter?.
    Since flash bios is using address like C800 to tell the computer is a external hard drive controller,could the machine boot and still get the rest of the lines from the adapter.

Regards

JOSÉ GONÇALVES

I have a problem with the SVN server (xtideuniversalbios.org) that has me completely stumped. We can't commit changes with any *new* files - obviously a permission error, but I can't solve it.

Would be very keen to here from anyone with skills with Trac on Ubuntu.

Maybe can help also other users:
    To build r600 for all , there was only one error:
    i added:
    SYSTEM_TIMER_TICK EQU 1Ch
    to AssemblyLibrary/inc/BiosFunctions.inc
    and it builds like a charm. I don't know how to upload/upgrade files...