Image Map Image Map

Thread: SCSI Ethernet

Default SCSI Ethernet

I read someplace that since Macs with PDS slots can only have the one slot, if the slot is in use by something other than an ethernet adapter you won't connect it to a TCP/IP compatible network. Question is, is there such a thing as a SCSI Ethernet adapter because I also read that you could use such a thing albeit slower using the external SCSI connector.

Thanks,
    Dan

Yes, there are SCSI to ethernet bridges from DaynaPort, and iirc from Farallon and maybe others.
    Greetings, Jens

Interested in: Atari 16/32 and Clones - Macintosh - Sun - Amiga 1200

Is eBay the only place you can find one?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonadmiral View Post
    Is eBay the only place you can find one?
    eBay, or here.

Why, it just so happens that I have one of these miracle devices lying around unused...

Mine are all Asanté EN/SC-10T devices. All the 'desktop' version, which require a power brick. And they still have drivers available for download. I'm not certain I have a spare power brick, though. I will check. If not, I can give you the specs, I seem to recall they're fairly standard.
    Apple ][+ through Retina MacBook Pro, 5150 PC through Core i7 8870/GeForce GTX 1080Ti and quad Itanium 9150M, and many in between.
    Newton, Palm 1000, Palm V, N-Gage, Tapwave Zodiac, iPhone, iPhone X.
    Intellivision, Game Boy through 3DS, Wii, XBone

There is also the Star Router, which is a LocalTalk to Ethernet router supporting MacIP. This would allow you to use your geoport, printer, or modem port for internet access via an AppleTalk adapter. Being a serial port, it's limited to 230 Kb/s.

I've got one of the Asante LocalTalk to Ethernet bridges. While it's slower than PDS Ethernet, it allows me to use my IIe card with my LCII and still connect to my AppleTalk shares on the Linux server. You also get the benefit of being able to add more LocalTalk devices to the bridge.