Image Map Image Map
Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112
Results 1,111 to 1,114 of 1114

Thread: XTIDE tech support thread

Is there a thread yet dedicated just to listing compatible devices with the XT-IDE and ISA-CF cards?
    Compact Flash, DOM, Hard Drives, CF-IDE adapters, SD-IDE adapters, and so on. Which are known to work, which don't, with which card, what XUB version, etc?.
    If not, I think it might be worth making one. Post pictures of the devices that work/don't work, maybe benchmark specs if you'd think them relevant, that kind of thing.

Most I've heard about work, but if there's any known to have issues, it would serve as a "buyer's guide," so people know which ones are known to be reliable and which are to be avoided for use with these cards.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 64K CoCo 2, Commodore VIC-20, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

I used a Syba CF2IDE adapter with a 4GB CF Card using my Packard Bell Pack-Mate 28 Plus with the IDE adapter connected to the primary (local bus) IDE and secondary (ISA) IDE and it worked without issues.
    Current retro systems:
    Commodore 64 Breadbin 250407 Rev. C
    Packard Bell Pack-Mate 28 Plus
    Toshiba Satellite Pro 410CDT, 2x IBM ThinkPad 380D (TFT and DSTN)
    iMac G3/600 Graphite, iMac G4/800 Lampshade
    YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/RetroPCUser

Quote Originally Posted by blackepyon View Post
    Is there a thread yet dedicated just to listing compatible devices with the XT-IDE and ISA-CF cards?
    Compact Flash, DOM, Hard Drives, CF-IDE adapters, SD-IDE adapters, and so on. Which are known to work, which don't, with which card, what XUB version, etc?.
    If not, I think it might be worth making one. Post pictures of the devices that work/don't work, maybe benchmark specs if you'd think them relevant, that kind of thing.

Most I've heard about work, but if there's any known to have issues, it would serve as a "buyer's guide," so people know which ones are known to be reliable and which are to be avoided for use with these cards.
    Back in the early days when the XUB home was on the old google code site there was a "Drive compatibility" page and a "Benchmark" page, It's a good idea but i'd recommend listing system specs as well, ie: Make - Model - System Bios details. What works in one system may totally crap out in another different system. I don't recall a specific thread ever being started other than the XUB hardware thread on here, There's probably loads of "What works and what don't" scattered all over the place on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Malc View Post
    Back in the early days when the XUB home was on the old google code site there was a "Drive compatibility" page and a "Benchmark" page, It's a good idea but i'd recommend listing system specs as well, ie: Make - Model - System Bios details. What works in one system may totally crap out in another different system. I don't recall a specific thread ever being started other than the XUB hardware thread on here, There's probably loads of "What works and what don't" scattered all over the place on this forum.
    I started a thread here: XTIDE Device Compatibility List

If anybody has a list/pictures of the CF cards, adapters, and whatnot that they've tested that they'd like to contribute, feel free to pitch in!
    Last edited by blackepyon; December 8th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 64K CoCo 2, Commodore VIC-20, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.