Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epson EHT-400c drivers needed

Quote Originally Posted by RWallmow View Post
    I don't specifically know this model, so correct me if I am wrong, but weren't most early "Pentops" electromagnetic digitizers? Do you need a special powered stylus pen for this to work?

I only have experience with Fujitsu Stylistic 500 and 1000 models (similar Windows Pen era as OPs unit), and early through late model "XP Tablet" PCs (Like Compaq TC1000 and IBM/Lenovo X41 and X61 series) and all these used electrically "active" stylus pens.
    My IBM 730T has a special pen but I have never figured out how/if it needs a battery of some sort. Out of curioctromagneticsity I have fiddled with it but am afraid I will break it. It has a switch of sorts that you touch when grabbing the pen so I guess it's electromagnetic or at least magnetic.

Quote Originally Posted by RJBJR View Post
    My IBM 730T has a special pen but I have never figured out how/if it needs a battery of some sort. Out of curioctromagneticsity I have fiddled with it but am afraid I will break it. It has a switch of sorts that you touch when grabbing the pen so I guess it's electromagnetic or at least magnetic.
    The Stylistic and Compaq TC1000 pens had ends that screwed off for battery replacement (either stacked button batteries, stylistic, or AAAA in TC1000). The X41 and X61 pens are active, but do not have a replaceable battery, but replacement styli are only like $10 as opposed to the $75-100 cost for Stylistic and TC1000 Pens. I don't know if different frequencies are used or what, but the active styli are usually not interchangeable TC1000 pen wont work on Stylistic.

However Lenovo has kept their X series pens all interchangeable, original X41 stylus works on my new X220 tablet PC (which now has electro-magnetic stylus AND capacitive finger multitouch).
    My Vintage computer/blog site
    Searching for a keyboard for a WYSEpc WY-1100.

The EHT-400c has a resistive touchscreen. Its stylus is a solid hunk of plastic.
    Searching for NEC Powermate SX/20 parts:
    KTN-8101/2 (NEC OP-410-8101) and KTN-8102P/2 (NEC OP-410-8102+ or OP-410-8103) memory boards

How to install Windows 95 (Windows for Pen Computing 2.0) on the EHT-400C? I have two of them, one with working Pen Computer 1.0 and one with error on Bios Screen (Press F2 too boot again)... I guess the HDD is empty!

What HDD can I build in? Any working CF to PCMCIA Adapters?

The hard disk is a Type III PCMCIA card, if you can find one. You'll either need the floppy drive made for the computer or you'll need to get a laptop that can boot from its PCMCIA slot to install Windows 95 on it. You'll also need the Windows 95 pen drivers. Please, save the current Win3.1 drivers for us before you go formatting anything, though.
    KTN-8101/2 (NEC OP-410-8101) and KTN-8102P/2 (NEC OP-410-8102+ or OP-410-8103) memory boards

The one with the BIOS Error has a defective HDD so I need a replacement, but I have an old Penium MMX Laptop with Windows 98 with which can create an Disk Image of the working System!

A CF adapter might work, but I have no experience with that. Let us know how it works if you try it. This is the exact hard disk, if that's what you want.

The drivers are the only software we don't have, but I'm not sure which ones are used to drive the pen hardware. The whole disk image would help, though, if that's what you can manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberian Fiend View Post
    A CF adapter might work, but I have no experience with that. Let us know how it works if you try it. This is the exact hard disk, if that's what you want.

The drivers are the only software we don't have, but I'm not sure which ones are used to drive the pen hardware. The whole disk image would help, though, if that's what you can manage.
    I have one of these that I installed a 1gb cf card with adapter with. Windows 95 (with a dos rom instead of a windows rom) but it boots and runs just fine.

And yes, it is a plain touch (any plastic stylus will do)

9. Default

In case anyone is looking for the OS and drivers for the Epson EHT-400C or EHT-410, I've uploaded a copy of them here:

https://archive.kloppenborg.net/drivers/Epson-EHT-400C/

This is a mirror of the SellMoreCars website (mentioned above) that I made in 1999 and burned to CD. Hopefully everything that is needed to make the machine run is still present.