Image Map Image Map

Thread: vt100.net

Default vt100.net

There used to be tons of DEC manuals available on this wonderful site. In fact, most of the DEC links in Manx (vt100.net/manx) point to locations on vt100.net. They have been returning,

"I'm moving web servers at the moment, so some documents (particularly larger ones, like PDFs, may be missing for a few days, until I work out what will fit."

for quite some time now. I'm wondering if they're available somewhere else online? There used to be just about everything there and I really enjoyed reading through them.

Also, if the owner of vt100.net is out there and having problems finding a place to put them due to space, I'd like to offer to help!

There was some talk on the classic computing mailing list. Quite a few people wanted to help and get it going again. Not sure what happened to it, but there seemed to be quite serious efforts to get it back up.
    Looking for: anything from SGI or DEC/digital
    Pictures of my collection: www.pdp8.se

Blog Entries

I checked it this morning; it's still there. More than a little slow, but the site's responding.

Not sure what exactly you're working for but at least bitsavers does have a dec archive. It's been a while since I looked, I remember a surprising number of dec manuals being online still with Compaq owning Digital but I haven't tried searching the HP website to see if they were nostalgic enough to keep things archived. Maybe archive.org will have something on one of the other sites (I checked this morning but looks like vt100.net had a robots file so they followed the rules and didn't archive it).
    Looking to acquire: IBM 5100, Altair 8800

Yes, bitsavers is a fantastic site with tons of DEC stuff. However, the vt100.net site had lots and lots of great scans that I cannot find anywhere else on the Internet...even on bitsavers. So, I was wondering if there was any plans for the owner of the site to bring his archive back up online. If it was an issue of server space or bandwidth expense, I would be more than willing to host the materials for free.

Blog Entries

Again, the manx archive at vt100.net is up and online. I just visited it--here's the home page:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, the Manx site is back up and running and that's fantastic! However, I'm referring not to the Manx site, but manuals it points to that used to be on vt100.net. For example:

http://vt100.net/mirror/antonio/mvxaaom1.pdf

There are hundreds of examples. This particular manual is not available on bitsavers, but was available on vt100.net. There are tons more manuals that were on vt100.net which are now not and are nowhere to be found on bitsavers or anywhere online.

Blog Entries

Have you asked Paul about it? It could be that some party took a (copyright) exception to the posting.